Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Questions Answered

Pam asks: Do you want to be the house all the kids come to or not?

I haven't thought about that much. That actually is a tricky question. I like kids. I like talking to and working with kids...on a small scale. I don't mind when other kids come over...if it's for a short time. I guess I just get tired of having them around for too long. That sounds horrible, but it's strangely true. It's sort of the same way I know I would not make a good full-time classroom teacher. I could do tutoring, or specialized teaching or other classes, but I know I don't want to be a full-time classroom teacher. I just don't have it in me.

On the other hand, I'm hoping that this will be easier for my when Zachariah is older. I would love to be the teenage hangout house. I do like to entertain and since teens are better to do that with, I think that might work out. In the house we are in there just aren't any great places for kids to play or run around. We're hoping to be in the position to move in about 5 years. We would really like a place in the country. A basement or other area for hanging out would be fabulous. Then I think it would be great to have Zachariah's friends come and be able to be a big part of their lives like that.


Laura wants to know what my best posts are.

Well, that's hard to do. I've blogged here for almost 5 years now. I know there are some posts that I tell about myself, so here are a few I can think of that might give you a little more insight to who I am.
*Here is an oldie, but goodie with 50 facts about me. (Keep in mind this was written 4 years ago.)- http://mommydaisy.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html
*Now I'm just being sentimental. This is some cute things about Zachariah when he was my nephew's age, about 1 1/2- http://mommydaisy.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-little-funny-boy.html
*Ooh, bad memories about a friend who stopped talking to me (we talk just a little now, but I haven't seen her in person since before this incident 3 years ago)- http://mommydaisy.blogspot.com/2008/09/break-up.html
*This tells about how Matt & I met- http://mommydaisy.blogspot.com/2008/04/r-is-for-relationship-bonus-letter-day.html
*And this is a great story about how I broke a boy's heart once- http://mommydaisy.blogspot.com/2008/07/heartbreaker.html


Whew, that was really fun looking back over past posts. I had forgotten so many things about when Zachariah was little. I'll have to remember to go back through my archives more often.

2 comments:

Laura Diniwilk said...

What a good selection of old posts, that was so fun to read! Thank you so much for taking the time to link to Mommy Daisy's greatest hits :)

If you still don't know how to crochet, maybe I could teach you some day (since we are both Ohio girls). I make a mean blanket.

Mommy Daisy said...

Thanks, Laura. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. A little insight into me from the last 4 years. Actually since that post I taught myself to crochet AND knit! I've been doing both for quite a while now and make all sorts of things. I'll have to post some of my recent creations sometime. ;)