Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1 - Writing

NaBloPoMo 2011



I can't help it. I've done NaBloPoMo for so many years on this blog that I have to do it. I have written so little here this year, but I want to do it again. I've lost touch with blogging about my life. I've gotten very wrapped up with my review blog- PS Mom Reviews. Don't get my wrong, I love doing that. It's just that it's very time consuming. After I finish those posts I don't really have the mental energy to write here. And that leads me right into the writing prompt for today.  Knowing that there will be writing prompts each day for NaBloPoMo actually helped me decide to jump right in. I can do this!



Day 1 - What is your favorite part about writing?

Actually I've never really seen myself as a writer. Funny, huh! And I was a write and editor for several years on my small college newspaper. I loved the job, but I still didn't see myself as a writer.

When I started blogging, I did it so I could get out some of my feelings about parenting. It was such a big change in my life, but I had very few friends who were in the same place as me. I needed the community of other mothers and blogging seemed like a great way to find that.

I suppose for me writing is a release. Sometimes I can write about things that I can't really tell everyone about. Or sometimes I can't relate my thoughts and emotions in a conversation the same way I can write them down. When I'm writing it's like a stream of consciousness. I can say/write everything I need to all at once without interruptions. Writing/blogging is just for me. No one can interfere with what I want to say (at least most of the time).

How about you? What do you like about writing or blogging?

2 comments:

Pam said...

Welcome back to regular bloggyland! I'e missed you.
I like my blog mainly so that I can share our life in America with my parents but I've always loved to write and read. If I wasn't in my current job I'd be a librarian or something to do with books. Not sure I'm good enough to be a fully-fledged writer.

Saly said...

I'm glad you're here