Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family

Today we had Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family. It is always nice to see everyone. There were a few extra kids to play with this time, because my mom's cousin came. He and his wife have 3 little boys, so they alone outnumbered our family's (between my sister and me) 2 kids. They all had fun playing together. And their oldest boy is only weeks younger than Zachariah, and they get along pretty well.

I love family get togethers. As hectic as it can get, I'm looking forward to the other two that we have coming up on Thursday. And don't get me started on Christmas, we have so many family events that we can't always make it to them all. But I wouldn't change a thing. Especially since I'm lucky enough to still have 3 of my 4 grandparents with us. It's great to see them and spend time with them, because I know they won't be around forever. For now they are fairly young, so I hope we have a good many years left. But my 1 remaining grandpa is in poor health, so it's important to treasure those moments....even in the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

No comments: