Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2 - Food & more

Zachariah as Captain America with his little friend- the cat.


I think it worked how I did my last post. I had my rambling thoughts at the top, then I answered the daily question at the bottom. I'll probably stick with that layout for now. Then when I do have something to say, you'll be able to read it up here. And when I don't, I can just answer the daily question and be done. Work for you?

There is still time to join in the NaBloPoMo fun. I saw that they have the sign up open until November 5th. That's still a few days away. Join me.

Speaking of days. I am so off this week. Yesterday, Tuesday, I had in mind that it was Monday all day. No idea why. Then today...it's Wednesday, right?...I keep thinking it's Thursday. I was rushing my son through his homework thinking it was due tomorrow, when it's really not due until Friday. Oh well, at least he got most of it finished. I guess it's already been a long week for me.

And speaking of school, Zachariah is doing great. But here's my concern...he's been a pretty healthy kid (all his life). Other than minor colds and the chicken pox when he was a baby, we've had it pretty good. I know we are just purely lucky, and I don't claim to know why he's been so healthy. I'll just take it. But now that school has started he's exposed to so many more illnesses. He was never in daycare or preschool before, and aside from the church nursery/playroom for an hour each week he wasn't around children much.

We are just barely past 2 full months of school. And to date his class has already been exposed to Fifth Disease and now Pertussis. A few weeks ago we got a note home from school saying that there was a case of Fifth Disease going around the school and possibly his classroom. He was getting over a cold then. I read about the symptoms, then the next morning realized that he had it too (when his rosy cheeks did not go away & we found rash on his arms too). Fifth Disease passes pretty easily for most children. There is nothing you can do to prevent it, and once you know they have it the contagiousness is already passed. He never seemed to notice he was sick, so I was thankful for that.

Today he brought home a letter from the school nurse saying that there is a known case of Whooping Cough/Pertussis in his classroom. Not just at school, but in his room. Ugh! Other than vigilant hand washing, there is nothing that I can do to prevent him from getting something that he might already have been exposed to. They just want us to be aware and watch for the signs of it. And of course, you have to go to the doctor for treatment if you suspect your child has it. It's only the beginning of November, and I'm so over illness.




**********


Day 2 - If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

Wow! I think this is a really hard question to answer. I love to eat so many different things (Like you couldn't tell that by looking at me!) that choosing just one meal would be really tough. I'm sure it would have to include dessert, though.


See, I'm a pretty content person. I have scalloped potatoes and ham in the oven right now. They are really yummy. Is it my favorite meal? No, probably not. But if you told me that was the last thing I was going to eat, I'd be OK with that. I can't think of anything in particular that I'd eat if I knew I could never eat it again.

I would assume if I knew it was my last meal, I would be dying. And if I was dying, I think I'd be more worried about spending those last precious moments with my family than anything else.

I just don't really have a favorite meal, I guess. I'm thinking too hard about this, and I'm still coming up with nothing. There are certain things that I crave or want from time to time, but that changes often. I don't really have a solid "go to" meal/food.

How about you? Do you have a favorite meal?

3 comments:

Jana said...

Captain America is adorable!!

Pam said...

Love the costumes!
My question is - do you want to be the house all the kids come to or not?

kristi said...

I hope your little man stays healthy.