Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

OK, you asked for recipes, and I just got a great new one that you'll love. If you are a fan of the Pumpkin Cookies that I make (and I know many of you are), then you will like this one too! My mom made these and brought us some extras. They are delicious. She made hers into mini muffins, and I think they are perfect like that. Yummy!!

Photobucket

Pumpkin Cupcakes

2 cups pumpkin
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup oil

Mix all ingredients and fill cupcake pans 2/3 full.

Topping:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
12 oz. chocolate chips (use mini chips with mini muffin pans)

Beat sugar, egg and cream cheese together until smooth - add chocolate chips. Put 1 tsp. in center of each cupcake. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes (12-14 for mini muffin pans).

1 comment:

Nowheymama said...

Oh boy! And I can make these dairy free with Tofutti cream cheese! *making shopping list*