Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 - Family

I love my family. I love my husband and son, but I also love our extended family. We are close to both set of our parents and our siblings too. I know we're not as close as some families, but I am so happy that we have a great relationship with everyone.

With Matt's brother in town this weekend, it was great to have everyone together. On Saturday Matt's parents, and all the siblings were present. Plus all the grandkids were together too. Only Ben's wife was missing (she stayed in Kansas since Ben traveled here from a business obligation). We did miss having her there, but it was fantastic to have everyone.

I know I am lucky. These aren't even my blood relatives. They are my in-laws. I have always liked my in-laws. They hold a very special place in my heart. I have been with Matt since I was 14, so I have been around them for years. (And our parents knew each other through common workplaces for years before that.) We have always been family focused and spent plenty of time with each other's families. And even better my family and Matt's families get along really well. My parents regularly invite Matt's parents to get-togethers and events. They will even invite each other over without Matt or I present. I love it.

I am so thankful for family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome - you are incredibly blessed!