Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 3, 2008

We DID go trick-or-treating

OK, I'm a little behind, but I did take Zachariah trick-or-treating. No one trick-or-treats here in our neighborhood. There are no sidewalks, the houses are more spread out, it can be a busy road, and there aren't many kids who live around. We have lived here for over 7 years now, and we've never once gotten a trick-or-treater at our door...even though I usually have some candy just in case and I leave the porch light on.

I still think Zachariah is too young for all out trick-or-treating, so going the the local "Mall-oween" trick-or-treating is an easy solution. He gets more than enough candy there, and I can use the stroller in case he gets tired.

He dressed up as a royal knight this year. I gave him several options for costumes I could make him, and this is the one he chose. I think he looked adorable in it. He told any one who asked that he was "an knight!" My mom helped me make the costume, and it was a lot of fun to put together. Who knows what he'll want to be next year.

Zachariah was so cute the whole time. He told everyone who was handing out candy "trick-or-treat" and "thank you". He loved all the fun and is still enjoying the candy (a piece or two at a time).






6 comments:

Cherish said...

great job on the costume! it looks like he had a great time

Nowheymama said...

What a fun costume!

Anonymous said...

That costume is so cute!

d e v a n said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

What a gallant knight you have!

Alli said...

He's precious! Looks like y'all had a great time. :)