Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 14, 2008

Snacking

Oh I know I should not be snacking as much, because I really need to lose weight. I can't help myself in the evenings. While I'm watching television I will often snack.



Do you have a favorite snack? Healthy or unhealthy, doesn't matter. What do you like?



Popcorn is probably my favorite thing to have. The problem is I can eat half a bag of microwave popcorn in one evening (or sometimes the whole thing). But I do like a bit of buttery popcorn.



The popcorn makes me want chocolate. So the best way to eat it is with M&Ms or some other little piece of chocolate. I know this comes from my family. My mom would often make popcorn and fudge when my grandparents were over. And I believe that it started with my great-grandmother. She always served popcorn with fudge when my mom went there as a kid. So I always crave chocolate with popcorn.



I don't really have a big favorite brand of popcorn, but I do really like Orville Redenbacher's and Act II. Have you ever had the Corn on the Cob popcorn? That's pretty good for something different. I haven't had it in a while, but I found it on our grocery store shelves again recently. I need to try some soon.



A few years ago Matt and I found cinnamon roll popcorn. Now Matt does not normally like popcorn, but he wanted to try this. It was really good. It had cinnamon in it and a separate little bag of icing that you pour over the top. We can't find it anymore, but it was yummy. I did recently discover buttery cinnamon popcorn. This is pretty good too, but I feel like I need that extra icing with it. So I make my own little dipping icing and just dip a tiny bit of the popcorn in it. Wow! I know it probably sounds odd, but it is great.



So now I want to know, if you do like popcorn what brand/kind do you like best?

9 comments:

Pam said...

Crackerjack. I have to eat the whole bag when opened. Even though it makes me sick after, I can't stop myself

Kelsey said...

I love popcorn for a snack, too. Though I'm not so crazy about sweet popcorn - at least not the microwave kind. We've really been liking the OR Simply Salted popcorn lately, yum!

Anonymous said...

Yum...popcorn. I like it with a lot of real butter (not margarine) and salt. When I was pregnant I liked caramel corn, but I prefer the plain stuff when not pregnant. I'm going to have to try the icing thing, though. That sounds really interesting.

Anonymous said...

I meant to add that we eat popcorn every Sunday night for our dinner (along with fruit, cheese and nuts). It's fiber and therefore healthy, right?

Melanie said...

I usually eat the little snack packs and I either add Parmesan cheese and seasoned salt or I add a 100 calorie pack of M&M right after it is done cooking and it melts the inside of the M&Ms - so yummy! I also just heard that popcorn is considered a whole grain and adds fiber to your diet!

Nowheymama said...

We like Food Club Natural Popcorn because it's dairy free. We also buy Kettle Corn sometimes because it is also DF.

d e v a n said...

We don't eat much popcorn, but if we make it I like it with a little butter and paprika. I also like cheesy popcorn. Or caramel.

jen said...

I love popcorn. I buy whatever's on sale, we have an air popper. at first with the air popper the popcorn tasted dry and stale to me, but now I'm used to it and I love it, and microwave popcorn just tastes mushy and nasty to me. At least I can claim air popped is healthier he he. I just melt some (real) butter on it and put salt. sometimes I put sugar instead of salt. I don't know why I do this, but the kids like it too. I only do this when T's not around because he thinks it's disgusting. I don't like exotic flavors on my popcorn, maybe powdered cheese or caramel sauce would be good but I'm too lazy he he

I love popcorn for a quick snack for the kids. It's entertaining for them to watch and they will eat it and stop whining about food for awhile! :)

bluedaisy said...

I definitely like junk food too but mid-afternoon is my worst time for that kind of snacking. In the evening, I really like either a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. I feel better eating something like this before bed- especially oatmeal and some hot tea when the nights get chilly. Such comfort food and I don't feel as guilty about late night snacking.