Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 1, 2008

He's back & Here I go again

He's hooooommme! I'm so happy that my love is home! Matt arrived safely in Ohio last night and half an hour early too.

Yesterday morning a couple from our church asked if I would be interested in riding along with them to the airport. We had already arranged for Matt's mom to spend the night here in case I had to go get Matt from somewhere when he got back. And since his flight came in pretty late, I wanted to be able to leave Zachariah in bed.

Anyway, so I jumped at the chance to go meet Matt at the airport. And his mom did not mind spending the evening alone with her only grandchild. Matt did not know I was coming, so it was a fun surprise. He was happy to see me, and I was thrilled to see him again.

I'm glad to have him home, and it's been fun to hear his stories and experiences. I know I will hear many more in upcoming days. Right now he's just trying to get him body readjusted (thank goodness we have an extra hour of sleep tonight). He brought home an outfit for himself and a wrap-around skirt for me. And he got a bunch of hand-carved ebony toys for Zachariah. He also purchased two African drums that I'm sure we'll always treasure. And Zachariah and I got necklaces with miniature African drums on them. They are really neat. I'll see if I can get a picture sometime.

I know that my husband left part of his heart in Africa, but I'm glad the rest returned home to me.


*****
On a completely unrelated note, I gave in. Did you too? It probably means I'll do more posting than commenting this month, but that's OK. I need to get back to that anyway. So, let's go NaBloPoMo.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

So glad he is back safely.

Deleted said...

How nice it was for you to meet him :)
Have a good time with your blogging for 30 days!!

d e v a n said...

yay! Glad he's home!

Anonymous said...

So very glad your sweetie made it home safely!