Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

42 days!

If you've started your Christmas shopping, you are better than me. I can't believe there are only 42 days left for shopping. I have a few small gifts bought/made for family members, but I haven't even really thought about what to get my husband or son.

Seriously though, what do you get a 2 1/2 year old who already has WAY TOO MANY toys? And you know that he will be spoiled by grandparents, aunts, uncles, great-grandparents, and great-aunts/uncles. He is the only grandchild still in both my family and Matt's family. And I don't even know what to tell them to get him for Christmas. Eeee.

For Matt I think I will just let him pick out something that he'd really like. I do like trying to find something for him, but I don't want to waste money on something he didn't really want. Or let him get something he really really wants instead of just something he likes. You know what I mean?

Our Christmas budget is small, but it's enough to get a few nice things. Luckily we don't have a lot of people to buy for. And I have been crocheting scarfs for my sisters/sister-in-law.

I guess I need to get my act together and start watching ads. I hate waiting until closer to Christmas to shop, but it looks like that's what will happen this year. I don't like all the crowds and traffic and pushy people. I'm sure I'll get it all to work out with Matt's help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I've got to get started on my shopping, too!

If you don't have one already, why don't you ask a set of grandparents to buy you guys a membership to the zoo or local museum (children's museum, maybe?). Or perhaps a gift certificate to a paint your own pottery place? Those are some of the best gifts our kids have received.

Deleted said...

I have had my Christmas shopping (other than stocking stuff) done since September-ish. I shop over the Summer to get things that are cheap(er) and not what everyone else may get (I find with to many kids in the family that you can get the same things when they bring out the holiday stuff, I like to be different, lol). I save the stocking stuff for when they put the stuff out. I cannot believe how quick Christmas is coming. But I'm ready and it makes it easier to enjoy it and not by spending it in the shops :D
Good luck!!!

Oh and maybe getting some cute clothes for your son that he can decorate himself with paint and studs and such. A piggy bank with some coin to put in it (something that counts the money or makes cute sounds when money is put in it)...lol

Nowheymama said...

I always appreciate clothes for the kids, even if they don't! Also, consumable stuff like crayons and paper.

I like shopping online--no crowds!

2Forgetful said...

I love shopping online. I get the best deals, no tax, and no crowds. This year we're doing digital picture frames for our parents and only buying for the children of our siblings so it's a pretty short list.

As for A & R's wish lists they don't need clothes because they don't grow. And we don't need a ton of toys. We are going to get them a dollhouse and have people buy the different furniture for it. My friends with boys are doing similiar things with a train table and trains.

With their birthday right after Christmas we are asking for memberships to the local children's museum, gift cards to the moon bouce place, and craft stuff. Flylady.net has some good clutter free gift ideas. Just search her site for that.

Cherish said...

Christmas has a way of just creeping up on you, hey? I started thinking about what to get the kids back in the summer just because I needed that much time to try to find money in the budget. Ive slowly been buying things as I go and Im at a point now where I could make Christmas happen tomorrow if I had too. I certainly dont want to limit their gifts to three each but that might be what they get this year. I usually like to do one big gift and a few smaller ones so this year I ordered a new computer for the family back in August that is still in the box. Besides my kids, I have 7 other kids and 19 adults on my list. Even if I spent as little as $10 on each of them, it would end up being $260 which is a lot and I love your idea of making the scarves.

Christmas isnt about presents though and Im sure that whatever you end up giving to your family, they will love it. I cant wait for the magic of the season and all the fun family times that are to come.