Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Contentment

What a great weekend this has been. It's been a little busy and crazy at times, but this wouldn't be my life without a little crazy in the mix.

Just to clarify, crazy to me can be going from one function to another and not much time at home. I tend to be a bit of a homebody, and after having so many things to do I long to just sit in my chair and relax most times.

Friday was a good day to relax. Matt ended up coming home early from work to rest. We went to lunch with my parents (on their way home from vacation), then Matt pretty much slept the rest of the afternoon. He had just started his prescription for L1p1tor and thinking that had him worn out. But having some time to spend together as a family and just relax was a good thing.

Saturday morning there was a "debriefing" meeting for the missions team Matt went to Mali with. It was nice to hear more stories and thoughts that different team members shared with each other. They really clicked well with each other as a team, and I can see that lifelong friendships were formed. The rest of the day I got to stay home and loved it. I cooked a very big dinner and enjoyed doing that for my family. So often I try to simplify meals with my tutoring schedule in the evenings Monday - Thursday, it's tough to put a big meal on the table. I made Matt's mother's recipe of Beef Steaks with Mushrooms, mashed potatoes with gravy, and homemade biscuits. It was a good comfort food for a cold day.

Today we woke up to snow flurries. It has "spit" snow all day long. I don't think the temperature got any higher than 38. Brrr! But I am enjoying the cooler weather. I love wearing sweaters and dressing Zachariah in warm snugly things. We had leftover Swistle's Autumn Soup for lunch, and that was great on a day like today too. Tonight we attended another small group meeting that gathered several groups together. It was nice to see everyone from our group, but it was even better that two couples from our past small group were there. We see them briefly at church, but it's been a while since we've gotten together. We decided we need to do that more often. There were friendships forged there that we've neglected. All in all today was great.

I'd say after my bad mood the other day, this weekend felt great. And we have some fun things in store for the next two days as well.

What did you do this weekend? I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend! Snow!! It's 60 here today so the idea is so strange to me. lol

Anonymous said...

Like Devan, I'm amazed that you have snow. I can't even imagine having snow this early; if we get it at all, it's usually one day of flurries in February.