Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 2, 2007

Funny bunny

The Easter Bunny photo session went GREAT! Zachariah loved the Easter Bunny. I sat him down in the bunny's lap, and he turned around and smiled the biggest smile ever. He kept staring at the bunny. He thought it was great. Then we got him to turn around and face me for the picture. He gave me one of his infamous "cheesy" grins. It turned out cute though.



OK, now with the cuteness out of the way, I can't believe how much Zachariah is doing and saying all of the sudden lately. It's like a little explosion of activity. I started making a list of all the things he says and all the signs he does regularly. I was surprised at how many I could quickly add to the list. And I just added two new signs in the last two days. He "says" about 9 words (mostly small jabbering words). And he has 12 good signs. There are other signs he recognized, but he has yet to sign them back to me. He surprises me daily with his knowledge though. Before I know it he'll be talking so much I won't be able to shut him up. But that's OK. That just means one more adventure in his life. I can't wait.


Last night when Zachariah was playing after supper, he was starting to act tired. I asked him if it was time for bed. He signed bed, got up, and started walking towards his bedroom. All the way into his room he'd sign bed, and wave bye bye, bed, bye bye, bed, bye bye. All of the way in there. We were laughing hysterically. Then he came back out of his room with his blankie and pacifier - both of which he only gets at bedtime. So cute! We knew he was ready for bed. It's great. So off to dreamland he went.

5 comments:

eeMOMS.com blapher said...

Cute Easter/Bunny picture! Also, it's neat to hear that signing is working for you. I hope to teach our baby sign language...I've heard wonderful things about it. Have a laugh-friendly day :)

mamashine said...

Such a cute picture! I have a feeling I'd better do that with Luke this year, because if he's like his sister, it'll never happen again. So far my kids do NOT smile and sit in laps like that. :)

ttsc said...

That is so cute, cute pic and cute bedtime story. When I say ready for bed, Sam turns and says bye bye and waves to the dog or her dad, of whoever is around. It's so funny.

d e v a n said...

SOOOO Cute! I'm glad it went well!

Mommy Daisy said...

Thanks everyone. It was fun!