Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 30, 2007

Sunny Friday

Today we went and bought a training potty. Yeah, that's right, I'm ambitious. I've been sitting my 12 month old on the potty. At least the pediatrician seems to think it's a little early for that. She said "Go ahead if you feel like it, but I don't think it will do any good". OK, good for you, but I want to try. He's a smart kid. For instance, he already tells us when he's pooping in his diaper. He signs "potty" EVERY time. That indicates to me that he knows what it happening. Now with the peeing, not sure it's going to be as easy. He did sit on the potty for a little while this afternoon and read a book with me. Nothing happened. That's OK, I'm not expecting miracles. I know this is going to take a while. I just thought why not start. Oh, did I mention that he was excited to see something new in the bathroom. I can't wait to see his reaction when he "makes something happen" for the first time and the potty starts playing songs.

Zachariah has been saying "Grandpa" now. Well, more like "Papa". It was really cute. The first time I heard him, I asked him what he said. I asked "Did you say Grandpa?". Then he signed Grandpa. I've taught him this sign, but until then he hadn't signed it back to me. Then he kept saying Papa Papa. It was really cute. He's said it now and then since that first time earlier this week. I called my parents, so my dad could be proud. I hope that he'll say it in front of Grandpa when we see him next.

Tomorrow we're going to get Zachariah's picture taken with the Easter Bunny. I hope this goes as well as the visit with Santa went. It's always hard to tell how they will react to something different like this. I'll try to remember to share the picture with you.

Later in the day I will take Zachariah to his first hockey game. My sister plays in a local hockey league. They're having an all day tournament, so I thought it would be fun to pop in and see a few games if we have time. I'm hoping I can keep a toddler contained long enough to see her play for a little while. I know it would mean a lot to her.

If you haven't had a chance already, go to Semi-desperate Housewife's blog and vote on a bedroom set for her baby boy (she just found out it is a boy...YEAH for boys!). I'm pulling for the vintage sports or moon & stars theme.

3 comments:

2Forgetful said...

One of my girls has started seeking privacy (aka hiding behind furniture) when she poops. I had read that was a sign of readiness to potty train but everyone (and my MIL) made it clear I was nuts when I suggested purchasing a training potty. Good for you for getting one! I'm a big fan of the mommy knows best school of thought. Some pediatrician, who let's face it, sees the kid for 15 minutes every few months is not going to have the same instincts that his mother will. I'll be back to see how things are going.

d e v a n said...

I hope the Easter Bunny picture goes well. When d was about 9 mo old he saw Santa and did SO well that I thought the EB would be a piece of cake. He was a little over 12 mo when we saw the EB and he flipped out! We still got a picture, but I'm in it too and d looks terrified. We had to skip Santa this year, and we're skipping the bunny too. Lol
Maybe next year!

Sarah said...

Oh good. I was feeling like a crazy person for thinking of trying out the potty with Addy, and she's 18 months! Maybe I'll give it a go, though. It would sure be nice to have her out of diapers by the time baby #2 arrives.