Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 2, 2007

Time Out

I'm just taking a quick break from the furious house cleaning. We are on the countdown to Zachariah's birthday party. Tomorrow is the big day. And the party is at 2:00. I am almost ready. I'm just getting some last minute things taken care of.

I need to say that my sister is AWESOME! She came over today for a few hours to help me out. She entertained Zachariah for a while, so I could get the cake done and clean up in the kitchen. Then when he went down for a nap, she helped my dust and clean. She is just wonderful. I'm so glad that I have such a kind, caring, generous, loving sister. Thanks Rachel.

And until I have time to write the whole birth story, here are a few pictures to tide you over. These are pictures of me this time last year. I was admitted to the hospital the day I had Zachariah for obervation. My blood pressure was high, and they knew I was having a BIG baby. The ultrasound taken on March 2nd (last year) said the baby was 8 1/2 lbs. My OB told me his guess was closer to 9 lbs. I couldn't believe my ears. So, even though I was a week away from my due date, they decided to induce labor on March 3rd in the morning. So here I am at the hospital just hanging around until the next day, so I can have the baby. I'll write more later. And the "HUGE" "WHALE" "GIANT" comments won't offend me. I was "HUGE" "A WHALE" and "GIANT". I was actually still getting around pretty well. I could still see my shoes! ;)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Swistle said...

Those hospital gowns aren't slimming on anyone. Also, it's clear from the side view that the size is BABY.

Sarah said...

Oh gosh, I just got a cramp in my uterus (and my heart!) seeing you in the very same hospital where I delivered Addy. I remember it so clearly, that cabbage rose border and the rocking chairs and... I'll be back there in five or six months! With a person coming out of me!

ttsc said...

You are not huge or a whale, you're a normal pregnant woman. Don't people know you shouldn't say that to pg people? I remember at 7 mos people would say, oh when are you due? any day? it made me so mad! you look adorable, I love thinking of the day I gave birth, so exciting and nervous and you don't know what it will be like, you never get that first time again!

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't feel bad about being huge! I had a big baby. I felt like I carried him really well. And yes, it was ALL baby. I'm one of those women who lost weight during my pregnancy. So, I felt very good about my body at that time.