Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Housewife of the year?

I don't even think I'll be up for nominations for that title. As I was laying in the middle of the living room floor with my son playing nearby this morning, I thought "Hmm, maybe I should be cleaning instead of playing with Zachariah". Then I came to my senses and decided that I would rather be playing with him. So, there goes my chances for being Housewife of the Year. Ahh, I never really stood a chance anyway.

Actually, I consider myself to be a Stay at Home Mom. That's more about what I do. I stay home to be a mommy. I take care of the kid all day. When I have free time? Well, then I *sometimes* clean and do things around the house. I also spend time online during the day, reading blogs, writing blogs, and just catching up on other fun things.

Is my house clean? Yes, in a manner of speaking. Spotless? By no means! But when I can take time to sit on the floor and play silly games or read books with my son, I'll take it any day. If someone offered to pay me $1,000,000 to trade that time I have with my son, I wouldn't take it. Would I consider it? Maybe, that's a lot of money! But, I don't think anything is worth the fun times I'm able to spend with my son while he's little. He's already growing so quickly and sometimes I miss the moments when I just sat and rocked my newborn. But that's OK. I love seeing him grow and learn too.

I'm discovering that this is what being a Mom is all about! And I LOVE it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've been thinking lately that I need to spend more time playing on the floor. Or you know, playing in general. I think I'm ok, but I'm probably not the most fun mommy in the world. Adelay's most vivid memory from this time in her life is likely to be cuddling in bed with me while watching Friend's reruns, as Mommy tries to soothe her pregnancy-induced nausea/heartburn/headache/pure exhaustion. But oh well. This time shall pass, and probably she won't be scarred for life by an adult-themed sitcom, right?