Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Momma said there'll be days like this

Today was quite a day.

First, I'm on day 2 of my period. Arrgghh! And I was out of tampons this morning. I went to the store to stock up and then I saw this product. It caught my interest after the discussion on Swistle's and others' blogs about the diva cup. I have considered something like that. So when I saw the "Instead" product, I figured it would be a good way to give that type of product a try. This particular "cup" is not reusable like others. I have been using it today, and I like it. I won't go into all the gory details here, but it's comfortable and much easier than all the other stuff I normally deal with. But in general I have the period ickiness. I want to go to bed early. My neck is stiff and giving me a headache. And I get moody in a split second. But I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.

Secondly, Zachariah was a CRAB today! I'm not sure what the problem was. Maybe he sense my ickiness? Who knows. He seemed to be in a good mood when he woke up. Then he hit his head on the bathroom door, because he was so excited to see me come out and he came flying at me. He was so upset and it was time for a nap. But, he only slept for an hour. His nap schedule has been so screwed up these past few weeks. I need to try to re-establish a better schedule. He did OK when we went to the store, but he refused lunch when we got home. He seemed grouchy, so I laid him down for a nap. He stayed awake in his bed for 2 hours! He fussed a few times, and I went in to tuck him back in. Mostly he stayed in his bed and "talked" to himself. He got up and wanted to eat. Imagine that! So I fed him and he played for a little while. No more than an hour later, he was getting tired. So, back to bed he went. He fell right asleep this time. The problem with later afternoon naps is that I have to wake him up, so I can go tutor. Then he threw a little fit just before he went to bed tonight too. Grrrr. That didn't sit well with me. Luckily he went right to sleep. I hope he wakes up on the better side of the bed tomorrow.

Matt and I were discussing how cranky Zachariah had been today. He just laughs and says "And you think you want another one." This is what I hear every time something goes wrong. I told him "Yes, I do. All kids have days like this." He says this makes him think he's done having children. I know, I know. But, I am NOT done having children. We've had this discussion, and he knows that. Actually, I think he is willing to have one more...just not quite yet.

Tomorrow WILL be a better day. I'll keep telling myself that. Actually, tomorrow Matt is taking the afternoon off. His parents are coming to visit. His mom wants to do a little shopping, then they're taking us out for dinner. Sounds like fun! I hope Zachariah gets a nap, so he's in a good mood.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

It would be overstating it to say I was "looking forward to" getting my period again--but I have to say that all this Diva/Moon/Instead talk is making me more INTERESTED in getting it than I was previously.