Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 16, 2007

Call first

I have been doing a great job keeping up with the daily grim here in my house lately. My kitchen is spotless...almost. The floors are clean...mostly. And there is a lighter layer of dust than usual. Normally I keep up with the laundry, dishes, floors, dusting, etc. But I have been doing more. Instead of dusting maybe once a week (or once every two weeks), I'm dusting twice a week. Instead of letting dishes pile up for a day of two, I am doing dishes after every meal. And so on. And I've been cleaning other parts of the house too. I am trying hard to keep ahead of stuff instead of just making do and keeping up.

Then I look around the house in the evening. There are things on the counter in the kitchen and bath toys on the bathroom floor. And at any given point in the day I may have laundry baskets out or dishes and meal prep items on the counters. It always seems that's when someone will stop by my house. Will they even notice that I'm keeping up with my house better? So if you decide to drop by, just know that when no one is here and the baby is napping, my house is practically spotless. If you want to see my house all picked up, call before you stop.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, good, I thought I was the only one who got frustrated with the fact that my work seems invisible. You can vacuum all you want, but if the floor is covered in toys, it's a little hard to tell.

2Forgetful said...

LOL! My house is only truly clean from 10pm to 6am when everyone's asleep!

I was doing pretty well with keeping things clean for a while. Flylady helped alot. But then my babies became walking, climbing, grabbing toddlers and it was all downhill from there.

Even if you call before you stop by my house, DON'T look under the couch.

Mommy Daisy said...

DH - Hey, that would cover things up too. Someone pulls in the drive, and the floors not vacuumed? No problem, just throw toys everywhere. No one will know the difference. HA!

MB - Oh, having them into everything does make it hard. I try to keep Zachariah confined to the living room and his room. So, then I clean up there after he's in bed. And he plays with household things WAY more than his own toys. What's up with that?