Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Disjointed

This is a pretty random post about things I've been thinking/wondering about or experiencing.


***************

I don't watch American Idol, but I hear about it all the time. (I'm not opposed to it, we watched Season2 and part of 3.) What's up with this Sanjaya? I hear about him constantly on TV. It seems that people have an extreme love or hate for the kid. Is it a popularity contest or a singing contest? Anyway, I'm just tired of hearing about him. Don't vote for him if you don't want him to stay in the contest. And if he stays in, then I guess people like him. I wish the media would let it go.

***************


Taxes are due on Monday. We did ours weeks ago. Why do people wait until the last minute? Taxes come at the same time every year. I suppose if you have to pay in it's not as much fun. We've always gotten money back, so I don't mind doing ours. In fact we already have our tax return back, and that's why we decided to buy this new laptop. The rest of the money will be spent on home improvement projects.


***************

Should preschoolers be allowed online? There is a toy which is supposedly popular for this age group. It looks like a stuffed animal, but you can interact with it online. So, would you let your preschooler use the Internet? I'm not sure what I would do. I guess I'll cross that road when I come to it. I suppose Zachariah will have an interest in computers when he's young, because Matt and I use computers A LOT. But the Internet, I don't think I'm comfortable with such a young child using that. We already have parental controls ready to install on our computers. We know we don't want our children to have computers in their rooms. It will be in a central location where we can monitor their time online.

***************

Zachariah loves his cereal in the morning. I think it's the only reason he wakes up. He usually gets up has cereal and milk and a banana. Then within the next 1/2 hour he's ready for a nap. He rarely stays up longer than that after his breakfast. Now it does take him about 1/2 hour to an hour to eat breakfast. Mostly he takes his time sitting in his high chair munching on cereal. It's cute. I'll leave you with pictures of breakfast this morning.






He was in a hurry to get to that cereal. ;)








Mmm, love that "life". I'm thinking I should send this to Quaker Cereals for something. Maybe they'll cast him in a commercial.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I had a pang of nostalgia for the days of morning naps when I read this. Addy used to be the same way- she'd get up at eight thirty, eat her breakfast, which was a long ordeal, and then be sleepy again by ten. Oh, those were the days...

Black Sheeped said...

I waited until the last minute on my taxes last year because I owed about 600 bucks. Worth procrastinating for.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Personally, I don't think preschoolers should use computers. They'll have more than enough time in front of the computer in their adult life.

Mommy Daisy said...

DH - Oh, don't tell me that! Actually, sometimes Zachariah gives up his afternoon naps. He's been so off for the last month or so. We're still trying to find a norm for naps.

Black Sheep - Uh oh, I would have procrastinated on taxes in your situation too. Good luck if you're still working on them.

Shauna - That's a good point!

mamashine said...

Haven't filed the taxes yet. I owe $2534 this year. That would be why. I keep thinking if I wait, it will somehow go away. I'm self-employed and my income is sometimes wildly erratic and it's impossible to predict how much I should pay in estimated taxes.

And I think it's mostly preteen girls voting for Sanjaya, but they tend to be obsessive and vote over and over.

And over and over....

Mommy Daisy said...

Yikes, I understand Kelli. I would be waiting on that too. Thinking maybe I've missed something. That is not fun to predict what you owe.

Thanks for clearing up the Sanjaya issue. I wondered if that's what was happening. I just don't watch, so I thought maybe I was missing something.