Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Give me a Break

Is it too much to ask for a night to do something I want to do?

Sorry, but I'm complaining about my husband again. (Disclaimer: He really is a great guy. I only complain here, because I can!)

I have been trying to talk Matt into getting involved in a small group at church for a long time now. For the first few years we were married we were involved in great groups. I loved the dynamics and friendships of those groups. I have kept friends to this day that I met and got to know better through those groups. Unfortunately when the last group fizzled out, we didn't find another group. The last few years I've been interesting in joining a new small group, but Matt was not. It was something I really wanted to do with him.

In the last month or so we were approached about a new group starting. It is one I think I would like very much. I can not get him interested in it. It starts Saturday. He told me I could go by myself. Ha, by myself! What this really means is I have to take Zachariah with me, so Matt can have time to himself to do things at home. I NEVER get a chance like that!

Matt started going to a bible study on Wednesday nights. He also does some computer work a few nights a week (some weeks). Me - I get zero nights to do anything I want to do! All I'm asking is for one night a week. I'm not even saying I want a night alone or without the kid. I want my husband to come with me to the small group for 2 hours. We'll take Zachariah along, but two of us can handle him a lot better than one.

Ahh, I really don't know what to do. I guess unless he comes around and decides this is something he wants to do, then I won't be going. Such an exciting, eventful life I lead.

5 comments:

2Forgetful said...

Sometimes I feel like my blog posts are too negative. But, really, it's one of the few places I have to complain. So don't apologize about complaining!

Swistle said...

I don't see why you'd take the baby with you. If he doesn't take the baby when he goes out, there isn't any reason for you to. I think you should go to the group, leaving the baby behind. If he complains, you say, "Oh! Okay! And then you'll take him when you go to your group? I'd love to have some time at home by myself, so that would be great!"

Bunny said...

It is hard to find that time alone. I spend all day with the kids from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep. I just don't think men understand this at all. I once told my husband I was jealous of him that he got to go in the office and shut the door and pay bills.

d e v a n said...

Go. Leave the baby with him. This is not an unreasonable request!!

Kelsey said...

I agree with Swistle's response. It seems like this is a big issue with lots of couples. Where is the equity? And it isn't like you are asking for time to go bar hopping or something!