Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Think Spring

Do you think it will help? If I imagine warm, spring weather, will it happen? Ahh, I can hope! It's cold and rainy today. At least the rain does make me think it's actually spring. But it has been way to cold this past week. And it sounds like it's here to stay for a while longer. Yuck! I am ready for some warmth and sunshine.

In 4 short weeks, we'll be on our way to the beach. I can't wait! We're going to Emerald Isle, North Carolina. We go to North Carolina with my family at least every other year. This will be Zachariah's first trip to the ocean. Last time we went to NC both of my sisters got engaged that week, and Zachariah was either conceived that week or shortly after. Apparently vacations are relaxing. ;)

First of all I'm concerned about the LONG drive to NC from here. I don't know how Zachariah will be in the car all day long. We're driving about 8-10 hours the first day. Then we'll go about another 4-5 the next morning. I think splitting the trip up will help. Last time Matt and I drove all the way through with my sister and Jared. But I told them I didn't want to try it this time. We might consider driving all the way home in one day, though.

It will be great to lay in the sun and relax a little. I know it won't be as easy as before, because I'll be chasing a toddler up and down the beach and making sure he gets naps. I'm sure he'll play so hard that nap time won't be an issue. But, I also will have 6 extra people there to help that I don't normally have here during the day. And grandparents and an aunt and uncle that can't wait to spend more time with him will be nice too. It will finally give Matt and I a chance to get away for a night by ourselves. And maybe I will get some beach-bumming in.

So, I suppose if the weather insists on staying cold for now, I'll just have to imagine myself on the beach.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lucky! Man, I have to wait until July for vacation. And then I'll only be in Sandusky, which is a far cry from N.C.

2Forgetful said...

We're getting ready to do a long driving trip in August. I've been asking all my mom friends for advice. Suggestion I like best is to drive during times they sleep. We're trying to work it so that we leave around 7pm and drive as far/long as we can. Then stop, wake up and drive some more during nap time. Another suggestion I liked is to buy/borrow a few "new to him" toys for the drive there BUT to also remember a second set to keep hidden for the drive back. Have a GREAT vacation!

Mommy Daisy said...

Yeah, I was thinking I'd pack some "new" toys or some he hasn't seen in a while. He's usually pretty good in the car, so I think he'll be ok. I thought about a DVD played, but then I remembered this is my son. He does not watch TV. I'm not completely opposed to it, it's just that he is never interested.