Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, July 30, 2007

Running away

Oh man, I can't believe I'm doing this. I was inspired by Swistle. She encouraged us to try the Couch to 5K running program. I thought there was no way I could even talk myself into it. Then I read Swistle's post about her first time out. I was thinking maybe, just maybe I could give this a try. So, I did.

When I put Zachariah down for his morning nap, I figured it would be a great time to exercise. I knew there was no way I'd make it out of the house to walk/run, but I do have a Gazelle. I pulled it out and I did the 20 minute walk/run for day 1. I would love if I had a treadmill, or could get outside (when it's not so hot and humid), or a gym membership. That would be better, but since I don't, I'll do what I can. And that's how I started today.

The program calls for 3 days a week. I think I might be able to manage that. That is if I can keep talking myself into it. It really wasn't too hard. I worked up a little sweat without feeling exhausted. Go me! Oh, and I'm totally with Swistle on the fat jiggly thing. That stinks when you're running. It didn't used to bother me, but since having a baby I have a low belly roll. I always had a roll (or two), but now this one hangs awfully low. Guess that's what happens when you carry a baby around for 9 months (and it's a 10 pounder at that).

So, do you think if I keep this up I can lose that roll? I hope so. I started doing well exercising at the beginning of this month until my back starting acting up. Then I wasn't able to do anything until it started feeling better. Now I can, and I did. I'm just glad I started. I was to keep working out, whether it's this program or something else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! And thanks for linking the Gazelle site. Gerald and I have been looking for an in-home piece of equipment. I think I'm going to get the Power Plus.

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh cool. Glad that I could help you out. We love our Gazelle. We've had it for about 4 years or so. The biggest seller for us is that we really don't have room for a treadmill, so we decided on this. Plus it's low-impact, and that helps with Matt's bad knees. Although I use it a LOT more than he does. I think the Power Plus looks really neat. Mine is fairly basic, but they only had 2 different ones at the time and it was the nicer one. Still does it's job. ;)

Laura said...

Yes! I think you can! The hardest part is thinking about it...seriously. I was going along really well at the gym, three mornings a week, up to 1 hour on the treadmill (thank god for those televisions on them) and then doing some circuit training. And then summer hit. But, I manage to do something (biking, walking...sleeping/forget that last part) to keep active. Go You!!!

Kelsey said...

Good job joining the mommy-fitness team! I have been walking with a friend a few mornings a week this summer, but love the idea of the 5K program. Maybe I'll join next week, when my mom goes home and there will be fewer witnesses to all the jiggling that is sure to result!