Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 29, 2007

Simple recipe

I'm not feeling great today. Bleh. Anyway, I really haven't felt like posting, but I wanted to put something on here. I have enjoyed catching up on reading posts today, though.

Matt requested that I made Bourbon Dogs a week or so ago. I had never had them. He explained that it's just a cocktail weenie with a sauce that has bourbon in it. He'd had them at a potluck before, and they sounded really good. So being a good wife, I hunted down a recipe for it (read: I googled bourbon dogs and found one I liked), bought the ingredients and made it for supper a few nights ago. These are so good. The alcohol cooks out of them, and they have a yummy taste. I didn't think I'd like them while I was making them. The alcohol was too strong to be, but once I tasted the sauce I changed my mind. I will definitely keep this recipe and use it a lot. Matt said when I made them "If you cooked like this every night, I'd be a very happy man". Gotta keep him happy.

Here's the recipe if you would like a happy husband.

Bourbon Dogs

Serves/Makes: 12
Ingredients:
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup bourbon (whiskey)
2 pounds cocktail hot dogs/weenies (or use regular hot dogs cut into quarters)

Directions: Combine all ingredients. Cook on the stove for 20-30 minutes until hot. Or put everything into a crock pot for about 2 hours on low.

1 comment:

Nowheymama said...

Oh, wow. My husband would love these!

And, happy birthday!