Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 1, 2008

One

Today is the first day of March's NaBloPoMo. Even though I'm busy and not at home, I wanted to start the month off right. So, without further ado, my list for today:

1. We're ready to party, and Zachariah is wound up. (I don't think he realized he have 3 1/2 more hours to wait with a nap expected in between.)

2. I'm so glad to have a few free minutes to myself while my sweet mother is entertaining my son while she'd making a fruit salad. She's awesome. (Plus I just got out of a nice quiet shower.)

3. Our taxes are done. That was our other reason for coming up here. My dad always updates TurboTax and lets us use it too. Even though my Schedule C gives Matt headaches every year, we still do it this way.

4. Speaking of taxes, it drives me nuts that Matt stresses out so much about doing them. The years that I've told him to "buzz off" and did them myself, it took less than half of the time. Silly man. The other irritating thing is we're getting back about $700 less than last year. Yuck. We made more and they're always changing things, but it still stinks.

5. My son will be 2 in 2 days. I can't get over that. Seriously, I'm having a hard time getting my mind around this. How? I keep going back to what I was doing this day 2 years ago. (For the record I skipped choir because I wasn't feeling great [warning without realizing it]. And I went to tutor like normal in the afternoon [I'm sure after taking a leisurely nap]. Then I told them when I left work that I'd see them the next day unless I had the baby before them [ha, little did I know...I didn't work the next day]. And they all told me I looked like I had dropped.)

OK, that's enough listing for today. I'll be back tomorrow with photographic evidence of this awesome party we're having in a few short hours. Enjoy your Saturday.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I hope the birthday party goes well -- sounds like it will be lots of fun!