Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 14, 2008

TGIF, indeed

1. Zachariah refused to nap today. I can't remember him ever doing this. He wasn't mad, but he just couldn't fall asleep. He would be talking or singing quietly, then he would get louder or call for me. So I would go in and try to lay him back down. I did this several times. After almost an hour and a half, I gave up and decided just to let him be and see if he would sleep on his own. He didn't sleep, so I got him up after about 2 hours.

2. I'd wanted to go to the mall in the morning, but Zachariah was only interested in playing with toys. I was not interested in fighting him to leave, so we stayed home. Since he didn't nap, I figured we may as well go to the mall after all that. I bribed him with a cookie.

3. I found a new short-sleeved top for him. Only one. But I bought 3 winter shirt for next year on a great clearance sale. I was able to look a few other places, but while looking in one store Zachariah got really crabby, really quick. I told him we were leaving, and I high-tailed it through the mall with a crying toddler the whole way. He cried out of the mall, into the car, and all the way home. Luckily it is only a few miles away.

4. When we got home from shopping I told Zachariah he WAS going to take a nap. I laid him down and then went out to unload the car and get the mail. When I got back in he was crying already. I went in to check on him, and he was really mad. I picked him up and instantly knew the problem. He had a gigantic hard poop in his diaper. Poor little guy. He said it hurt, and I'm sure it did. After changing him and laying him back down, he went right to sleep. I had to wake him when Matt got home for dinner.

5. When I turned on the television in the afternoon to relax a bit, it turned itself back off. OK, it had done this to me last weekend but came back on, and it did it the day before but came back on. This time it didn't come back on. We tried everything, but our TV is dead. Right now we have a little 13-inch television sitting in a whole meant for a 30-inch TV in our entertainment center. It looks really funny, and it sucks. We can't hook it up to our DVD or sound system (and not to the VCR right now either). No TV for us. We're going shopping for one tomorrow, but we'll probably do without one for a while.

6. A good thing is I got Zachariah's closet cleaned out like I've been wanting to for a while now. It looks much better. And with KatieBug's suggestion, I put his little dresser inside his closet. It clears up more space in his room to play, and then I don't have to worry about him knocking it over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No TV? You are braver than me, my friend! And poor little guy with the poop issue....I hope it was just a one time thing.

Mommy Daisy said...

I'm only worried about no TV for me. That's how Matt and I relax in the evenings. Zachariah has just started liking a few TV shows, but he doesn't watch a lot so I'm not worried about that part of it. Just boring for us to sit around and watch a teeny TV.

Zac had a bad/hard poop again today, but he went on the potty. He cried because it hurt, but as soon as he was done I made him get up and see what he did in the potty. He was so excited. Another big potty success! YEAH!

d e v a n said...

yay for potty success but boo for no naps!

2Forgetful said...

Poor Zac. :-( And poor you with no TV. :-(