Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Party time

1. Today was my jewelry party. I did this as a favor to a friend who is starting her own business. I've done other home shows in the past, and they usually turn out pretty well.

2. They (my friend and her sister) came 1 1/2 hours early to set up. (I thought this was REALLY early, but it took them that long to set up.) I finished lunch, did laundry, and washed dishes while they were busy.

3. The jewelry is pretty, but it's very similar to a party I had last year with a different company.

4. 1:00 and no one showed up. NO ONE! Not even the few people that said they would come. I knew a lot had said no, most because of preparations for Easter (this weekend date was not my choice). I I felt bad that no one came and they spent all the time here. They stayed until 4:00 when the show was supposed to end, then they packed it up and left. I'm hoping to get more catalog orders from it. I wish there was a website I could post you, my readers, to if you were interested. I guess if you really like jewelry and are interested in seeing a catalog, you can e-mail me and I'll mail you a catalog.

5. We're packing up, and now we're heading out to my parents' house. They're going to meet us for supper first. Yum! Have a Hoppy Easter tomorrow. We'll be up early.

1 comment:

2Forgetful said...

Oh my goodness! How awful to have no one show up. Hopefully all the no shows will feel bad and order something.

Oh, and internet orders could really help a new business. It's incredibly easy to set up a business website these days. Or she could try etsy.