Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 28, 2008

Choc-it

In the last month or so I've been taking showers while Zachariah is up. He's pretty well behaved and knows (for the most part) what he can and can't get into without Mommy's help or permission. Before I would get up before Zachariah to ensure I got a shower. It is essential that I get a shower every day. If I didn't get up before him, then I would wait until he took his nap to get my shower. Since he went down to one nap about 5-6 months ago, this made me wait until around noon to get a shower. Or I would make Zachariah come into the bathroom while I showered and shut him in. He would bring in a few books or a small toy. Usually he just sat there and waited, which must have been terribly boring. Anyway, I've been letting him watch "Wonder Pets" while I shower. It's enough to occupy him and I am nearby. I leave the bathroom door open, and he's not allowed to shut it. He will usually peek in the shower and tell me when the first episode it over. He says "More wonner pets, more", and I always reassure him that there's more coming on. Then he'll run off and wait for more. He plays with his toys and trucks too. I don't really know what got into him today.

Things Zachariah is allowed to do while I'm taking a shower:
1. Watch TV. I put it on an appropriate show (or sometimes DVD) before I get in the shower.
2. Play with HIS toys.
3. Wait for me in the bathroom as long as he doesn't get into things.
Things Zachariah is NOT allowed to do while I'm in the shower:
1. Close the bathroom door.
2. Play with MOMMY's or DADDY's "toys"- computer, books, puzzle books, pens, etc.
3. Get into the stash of Easter candy in the pantry. Get out the big Reese's bunny, take it to the table, take it out of the package, unwrap it from the foil, eat, eat, and eat some more.

Oh yes he did!

When I stepped out of the shower, Zachariah came running to greet me. He had a silly grin on his face, and I could see he'd been eating something (because it was all over his face). I asked him and he smiled and said "choc-it". Oh boy! I quickly wrapped a towel around me and made him show me where it was. He went running to the table and showed me proudly his "bunny- EAster bunny" that he was eating.

What was I supposed to do? It was so funny. I laughed and said "OK, just don't make a mess." I handed him a towel for his hands, then got my camera and snapped some photos.


Next time I'll remember to put the baby gate in front of the kitchen before I get into the shower. I was doing this for a while at first, but he seemed to stay out of the kitchen so I stopped messing with it. Now I can see that the Easter candy is way too tempting. In fact, I think I should also find a new hiding place (way up high where little arms can't reach) for the Easter candy.

6 comments:

2Forgetful said...

That is hysterical! (Mostly because it didn't happen to me. Sorry.) :-) The pic of him is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Your pint-sized chocoholic is adorable. He was probably so proud of himself for getting that bunny!

d e v a n said...

That is toooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Ah, a boy after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

Who could be mad at that???

Sarah said...

Ha! Now if only I could find a way to keep the candy out of MY reach.