Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 6, 2008

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.


Since I bragged **ahem** shared about Zachariah earlier, I figured I should share about my husband now. He does deserve equal time, if not more. But I seem to give him the smallest amount of time here...especially for the good things.

1. Tonight Matt had a meeting at church. He had to leave just a few minutes after I got home from tutoring. When I walked in the door, he had supper already made. He made an awesome stir-fry. And the clincher is...he didn't have time to eat any of it. He'd done it just for Zachariah and I, so we didn't have to worry about finding something to eat. And it was super yummy.

2. He plans great little get-aways like this.

3. Matt has been getting more into his Bible.

4. He is becoming a better husband. I see him caring more about things that he's ignored before. He does what he can to make things better for me and show me he treasures me.

5. He may not clean on a regular basis, but he makes an effort to do little things. And they mean so much to me. (Like putting away a pile of folded towels one morning. It was a pleasant surprise to see those towels already put away when I got up. It made my day.)

6. Matt is helping more with Zachariah. He gets him ready for bed after I've done bath time and helps clean up all the toys.

7. He tells me how much he loves me. And out of the blue he'll mention something about me that he adores. (That melts me. For instance one day after church he'd been in the back, and he said he thanked God for a Godly wife who can freely worship.)

8. Even though he's not quite there, he's willing to talk about and soon start trying for another baby.

9. He's encouraging of me doing new things and stepping out of my comfort-zone.

10. Matt is my best friend...what more can I say? I love this man.



How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

by Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861)

3 comments:

KatieBug said...

What a great guy! :)

Sarah said...

Aw! How lovely.

2Forgetful said...

That is so cute. Your husband looks so much like Zachariah. Although, I guess it's more the other way around...

It's so great that you take time to appreciate your DH!