Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Picking up the pieces

Tax time is here. Usually Matt and I are right on top of our taxes. Generally once we get all our W2's and other statements, we get our taxes done. I know last year we had them finished in early February, because we wanted them out of the way before the baby was born. This year, there have been so many other things going on that we just haven't gotten to our taxes yet. Finally this weekend we are doing them. Well, actually Friday afternoon we'll sit down and finish. We use Turbo Tax. It means I need to get busy this week, because I have to get all my business things around for the Schedule C. I don't think I've mentioned it here before, but I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant. I haven't done much with my business, but I do stay active. I do shows once in a while, and it's nice to have a little extra spending money. But I have to keep track of everything for tax purposes. I don't think it will take me long this year, because I took a lot of time off last year with having a newborn and everything. Anyway, I've been dragging my feet, because it's usually a bear to get all my income an expenses listed and printed. Once it's done it doesn't seem too bad. Now that I'm thinking about it though, it should be super easy this year since I didn't do much.

Yesterday was Zachariah's 12 month check-up. It went well. He's growing steadily. He's in the 43rd percentile for weight and 90th for height. He's always been on the tall end, even though none of us are tall. We'll be switching him to whole milk soon. I don't think he'll have too much problem adjusting to that. Now we just have to worry that he's getting enough good food in his diet. So far that hasn't been hard, he's a pretty good eater. He likes his fruits and veggies. Hopefully that will keep up. And I did talk to the pediatrician about Zachariah sleeping so much. She said "that's great"! So, I guess I was right, Mom. (My mom doesn't read this blog, but that's OK.)

This weekend will be a special one for Matt and I. We are going away overnight. This is the first time we're done that since we had Zachariah. Well, Matt's left overnight for business, but I haven't been away from him overnight yet. Matt had planned the whole trip, so I don't have much idea where we're going. Mostly we just plan to relax, see a movie, eat out (at nice places), and enjoy each other's peaceful company. I'm really looking forward to having this time alone with Matt. I'm sure we'll cherish it. Zachariah is staying with my parents, and I know they'll all have a blast. And I won't be calling to check up on him, because I know he'll be in capable hands. They can call if they have questions, otherwise we'll see him when we get back Sunday.

Last night I had a dream. It was about Matt's job interview. In the dream we had become friends with someone who works for this company his interviewing with. She ended up telling us that they were going to offer Matt a job. We were so excited. Strange. So, I was telling Matt about the dream. He said that he'd been praying for a dream or vision that would tell him whether or not he would get the job! I didn't know that. Maybe I got the dream instead. It was funny because before he'd even told me that, I had told him I had "a dream or maybe a sign from God". Wow! I know that God does work like that, so I won't put it past Him to have given me that dream. Now I'm thinking maybe I should start packing to get myself ahead. But, we will wait. And we are still waiting since the last post I had about this. The only new information we have is that his name is still on the list, which means he's still in the running for the position.

Things to look forward to: tax return, no more formula purchases (at least for now), our first weekend away, and a new job.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, switching to milk is a huge grocery budget relief, I remember! So is getting your taxes done. Well, a relief, anyways. Not so much a grocery budget relief.
Also... We're all getting impatient out here for that promised birth story!

Mommy Daisy said...

DH - Ahh, I know I did promise to write up his birth story. I keep thinking about it, but I'm having a hard time making myself do it. I'm not sure why. I just don't know where to start or end. And I don't know how to put some things into words. I suppose I should start a little at a time, then maybe I will get it done.

Kelsey said...

Have a wonderful getaway. You will enjoy it so much! I know I feel lucky that we have reliable people to leave Harper with so we can get away. I used to babysit for a family where the mom and dad did not have one night alone in the first fourteen years that they had children! Then for a few years I stayed with the girls once a year so they could get away. Fourteen years, can you imagine?