Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend fun

We had a nice weekend. We really didn't do much. Maybe that's why it was fun. I liked not feeling so hectic. We've just had a lot going on lately. And we'll probably be away at least part of the weekend for Easter.

Saturday we worked on things around the house. It felt nice to have things tidy and even work on the home improvement projects. Then we all went to grab lunch and get groceries. It's been a while since Matt has gone along with me, and it was so much easier. I guess I've gotten used to doing it all by myself. Matt loves to shop, but he's just been so busy. So I'd been going to get groceries by myself during the week for a while now. We stopped at a home improvement store to get a few more supplies too. We spent the afternoon playing with Zachariah. He was in a great mood, despite the cold he's getting over. In the evening Matt and I just relaxed and watched a movie on TV.

On Sunday we went to church as usual. Then we decided to grab lunch afterwards. This was a special treat, because we don't eat out much. We're saving as much money as possible, so eating out is a luxury for us. And also we're trying to eat better, so it's easier to fix our own food at home. Anyway, we didn't eat as healthy then, but it was delicious. When we got home we watched the NASCAR race and took short naps. Then we all went for a nice walk. The weather here has been amazing. It was 78 yesterday. In March! Crazy! It's like that again today too. I love it! After our walk we fed Zachariah something for supper, then we hopped in the car and went for ice cream. Mmm, yummy. It's been a while since we'd had ice cream too! We came home, put the kid to bed, relaxed, then went to bed early.

I'm not sure what made this weekend so enjoyable to me. Maybe it's because Matt and I were both home and were able to spend quality time as a family with Zachariah. And instead of being just a few hours in the afternoon, we spent all day together for 2 days. I also think I had a little bit of the winter blues. This spring weather has really lifted my spirits. I'm not even sure I realized that I was feeling a little down. But I just feel so much better. And I'm thrilled about another nice spring day today! Except it's a normal Monday, but that's OK. I can enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have been insanely happy over the nice weather, too. I feel like I'm emerging from this dark tunnel of nausea and coats and snow and out into health and sunshine!