Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Birthday Bash

Today was Zachariah's first birthday! Happy Birthday baby boy! What a fun day. We had plenty of family and friends come over this afternoon for a party. Mostly we just talked, played with Zac, and then ate cake and ice cream. I can't believe my baby is growing up so quickly, but this was a great way to celebrate.

To top it off, Zachariah has really started walking this week. He's taking off on his own all the time now! He's been working up to this for a LONG time. This kid has been "cruising" since he was 7 months old. He didn't crawl until 9 months though. And he's been taking steps since 10 months. But he is now walking! Such a big boy.

OK, I thought I'd better share a few pictures.



The birthday cake! (I made it. Turned out OK. I liked the idea I thought of.)


The birthday boy playing with the fun balloons!


The cake eating! The little hunny pot came off the big cake for his own little cake. It worked really well!


This is honestly as messy as he got. Only icing on his little hands and face. Not a drop anywhere else. He picked at the icing and licked his fingers. Yum yum! He only got his hands this messy, because Aunt Mary thought it would be fun to "help" and stick his hands farther into the cake. He's such a tidy kid. But he did love the cake...and some ice cream....and whipped cream later.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Swistle said...

Hey, I think we have the same stove!

I love the way the cake came out, and the honey-pot-as-child's-own-cake is a great idea.

Sarah said...

Happy birthday, Zach! (Now he has to join Addy in the toddler nursery so she can play with him!)

coffee stained said...

Happy birthay Zach! I love the pics!

Mommy Daisy said...

Swistle- I love that stove. We've had it for 6 years now. That' when the ceramic tops were just starting to catch on. I'd get one again. Thanks for the compliment on the cake. It worked well to have his cake as part of the decoration.

DH- Yep, he'll be in that nursery soon. (sob*sob) He has started walking really well. He'll probably need a few more weeks to get going well, then we'll take him in there.

CS- Thanks. I didn't get a lot of pictures. I'm hoping everyone else got good ones, and they'll share with me.