Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Winter

Well, if you don't know anything about Ohio winter weather, read this post Midwest Mom: Two Posts in One Day; Don't Let Your Head Explode. She explains it beautifully. We, Ohioans, have a real love/hate of winter. This morning this is what I woke up to. "Frozen Fog". Yes, that's right. It is terribly foggy and it's just cold enough that the fog froze on the trees (kind of hard to see in the pictures, but it's true). I haven't been out on the roads, so I don't know if they were slick or not. It is still really foggy at 10:30 currently. The schools all around have closed for the day. With fog like this, they have limited visibility while driving. It's really not safe to have kids out waiting for buses, and buses driving when they can't see clearly enough. Just thought I'd share this lovely weather with you. Good day for me to stay in.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I had the same idea of taking pictures; it was so beautiful out. It reminded me of Narnia, in the opening scenes! But of course I didn't bother. I'm glad you did!

Kelsey said...

Thanks for the virtual "shout out"! Our news channel showed some picture of the frozen fog futher north, we just had the unfrozen kind here. I'm glad you enjoyed my description of winter. Pretty soon we'll be drooping in the humitidy, slapping mosquitoes, and longing for these cold days. . .