Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Funny Valentine

Our Valentine's Day was nice. Nothing spectacular for us. I think Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that you either love or hate. And most people have a truly love/hate relationship with it. We don't usually make a big fuss over the day. I usually get candy or flowers or something else special. And Matt tries to take me out to dinner or at least make something.

With the baby this year (not to mention all the snow that has us stuck here), we decided to just order pizza. I love it...Swistle had us pegged on her blog yesterday. It was nice though to not have to worry about making supper. The pizza was really yummy too. It's from a local place that we don't usually order from. Matt also came home with a pint of ice cream from Ben & Jerry's for me. I know that it was completely unselfish too, because he will not eat the kind he got me. I had never tried The Gobfather flavor before, but it was really good. I think it's my new favorite.

I was not disappointed that this was the only thing he did, because I really never expect anything. And he randomly brought home beautiful colored daisies a few weeks ago. Those are the kinds of gifts I like to receive.

It was, however, Zachariah's first Valentine's Day. So I got him a little ape that whistles and says "I go bananas over you" in this silly voice. His first reaction was a face that said "what is that?". Then he started smiling at it. He played with it off and on all day long, and every time one of us would push the button for him he would break out in a huge grin. I also couldn't resist my little Valentine, because I had him dressed in a cute shirt that said "Handsome" for the holiday. He was adorable in it. We got is specifically for the day. I got it a little bigger, so he can wear it longer. From the looks of it, he'll be wearing it for quite a while. But love when I can get more wear out of his clothes (since most things he outgrows in 3 months or less).

In other news we are not so snowed it today. Matt is back to work (after 2 1/2 days off). And I'll see how it looks this afternoon and decide whether or not to tutor today. The wind finally died down, so maybe they can get the roads cleared off. Although it is still bitter cold, and that is just no fun. Have a Happy Thursday everyone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: