Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I think I'm crafty

Here in Northwest Ohio we're under a "Blizzard Warning". That sounds like so much fun to me. They're calling for about a foot of snow within the next 24 hours. Plus it is quite windy. This could create blizzard conditions. Yikes! I'm safe and warm at home for the day. The center where I tutor has closed for today and tomorrow. I had a nice hot cup of cocoa this morning, and that made me feel better. Luckily I stocked up on groceries on Saturday, and yesterday I picked up my Valentine's Day presents.

I also picked up some craft supplies yesterday. I am planning to make invitations for my son's first birthday. It's coming up in less than 3 weeks, so I need to get these invites out. I thought it would be fun to make my own using a baby picture of Zachariah. Boy am I ambitious. I don't think I know what I'm getting into. I bought some blank cards and other scrapbooking supplies. We'll see what I come up with. Maybe I'll even post a picture of what they turn out to be.

It will be a good week to work on crafty things. And I will be able to cuddle and read some books with my son. I think he'd enjoy that. We have no reason to leave then house, so we'll have some fun here. Maybe later in the week if it warms up a bit I can get him out on his cute little toddler sled that my dad found for him. It's been too cold, and we have not been able to use it yet. Keep warm everyone!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You're being more cheerful about the snow than I am! Although I don't know why it would make me grumpy; it's not like I've been going out much anyways!