Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, September 7, 2007

Aren't sisters great?

Yesterday, my sister Rachel popped in for a visit. She had the afternoon off from work, so she wanted to come visit Zachariah and I for a while. We had a great time with her here. She is one of my best friends, and I miss her when she's not around.



She loves her nephew and spoils him all the time. We walked around Toys "R" Us for a while, and she bought Zachariah a dump truck that he fell in love with and wouldn't let me put back on the shelf. Let me tell you she made a little boy's day. It's a cute Little People's toy and makes sounds and signs a song. He thinks it's great and hasn't stopped playing with it since he got it.



Rachel also went along with me to tutor. She's great with kids (and I still think she'd make a great teacher). She helped a few children with homework. Then she was very gracious and went outside with them to play. That was right up her alley and she jumped right in a enjoyed the activities.



Thanks, Rachel, for all your help. We all owe you. Zachariah is sitting on the couch right now playing with his new toy from you. He'll treasure it for quite a while. You're a great sister.

3 comments:

KatieBug said...

Gotta love a sister!

My boys have that same dump truck. They love it too.

jen said...

aww that is too cute. I love when they get attached to a toy and still play with it once we get home. We have 2 of those, one of them is huge. But we don't have any Cute Plastic Boulders :(

Nowheymama said...

This makes me miss my sister. Virginia is too far away! She needs to move back!