Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 10, 2007

Realization

There is a lady who lived across the street from us. We've never formally met her. We wave and say hello if we both happen to be at our mailboxes at the same time, though. I believe she is single, since there hasn't been a certain man or children there all the time.

Not knowing her, I really don't know what she does. Sometimes she dresses in a white blouse and blue dress/uniform pants. This seems to be her "work clothes", I think. She comes and goes at odd times. Wherever she does work, she must have inconsistent hours.

There are different cars at this neighbors house a lot. We see people coming and going all the time. The cable company has been there many times in the last few weeks. We're starting to wonder what in the world they're doing in her hosue that is taking that long. Yesterday I even saw a man on a bicycle ride up to her house, go to her front door, and talk to her for a few minutes. I think he left after that. I didn't stick around to find out.

I'm not a terribly nosy neighbor (Matt is sometimes, though). But we have an easy view of this lady's front door right out of our dining room window. Our dining room is right next (or part of) the entrance to our house. Plus we go through it to get to the kitchen on one side and the living room on the other. So, we see out the window a lot. Or when we're eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner, we see out it.

Today after seeing a truck that I've never seen there before, I started wondering. What in the world is going on that she has people over all the time? Then I come to a realization that maybe...just maybe...she's running a "business" from her home that I really don't want to know about. It would explain a lot of things! And here I thought we lived in a nice, quiet neighborhood.

2 comments:

KatieBug said...

That is weird. You know it is getting bad when people start coming on bicycles. :)

d e v a n said...

Oh dear!