Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Showering the Baby



I am 30 weeks pregnant now. Things are going well. Nothing notable happening, and for that I'm thankful. He continues to be a very active, squirmy baby. I can't wait to meet him and see his personality unfold.

I can't believe I'm going to be a mom again. The chance to carry this precious baby inside for 9 months (10 technically). Then I get to hold him, snuggle him, care for him, nourish him, and love him. It's been a while since I had my own little one. And there was a long time when I thought I wouldn't get to experience this joy again. I can't describe how it feels to be so blessed with this baby.

Some of the ladies at my parents' church asked if they could have a baby shower for us. I grew up with these ladies and still seem them a few times a year at least. I have to admit that I was really excited that they wanted to do this. So much fun to get to celebrate this little baby. We had a bunch of showers the first time, but no one had mentioned one this time. I was a little sad. So it was really fun to find out that we are having one.

I don't need lots of things, so it's not about that. But it is fun to feel like this little baby is getting his own time to be loved and honored before he is born. Plus there are a few little things that we still need. I did end up making a baby registry on Amazon.com and at Walmart. (Links in case you're curious what I registered for. :D) I think my Amazon registry is pretty inclusive and has the things I need/want. At the last minute we decided to register at Walmart too, because most of these church ladies don't shop online. And the only store in their little town is Walmart. It was hard to find as much that I really want there, but we found a few essentials that would work. Then maybe I can order some of my must-haves from Amazon that we don't get later.

I'm starting to feel the time crunch. I just want to finish moving the bedrooms around. Then we can set up the baby's crib. And I can get all the baby clothes and other items out of the attic. Once I can go through boxes and see everything I still have, I know I'll feel better. There's always more to do.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You'll love those aiden +anais swaddling wraps. So large, which is essential in a good swaddling blanket! My mom got me three for Taliana and they were awesome.

kristi said...

So happy for you!