Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Been a While

So it's been a little while since I've updated this blog. Let's see. What have you missed? (Well nothing, honestly, if you're on Twitter as much as I am!)

*We had a great Christmas with family. We of course were traveling. Most of our family live within half an hour or so of each other (including extended family), so we're the ones stuck traveling.

We spent Christmas Eve with Matt's parents, sister & brother-in-law, and my niece & nephew. They are 1 & 2 now and so much fun. We don't see them nearly enough, and the kids are changing so much. But it was fun to spend an afternoon/evening there with everyone. They are the closest to us (distance-wise) and about halfway to my parents' house from here.

After that we spent Christmas Eve night with my parents, sisters, their husband/boyfriend, and my nephew. Easton (my nephew) is two and a ball of energy. We didn't see him much that night, because they got there late and past his bedtime. Poor guy was cranky and tired. But it was fun to wake up Christmas morning with him and watch everyone open presents together.

The rest of Christmas day we divide between Matt's extended family & my extended family. We have 3 places to go all about 1/2 hour drive apart. So it was a busy day driving from here to there, eating at each place, opening presents, then on to the next. We ended the night back at my parents' house & stayed the night.

*We ended up rushing home the next morning because of the winter storm that was quickly moving in. It was worse at our house when we got home, but we got home before the worst of it hit. We spent the rest of that week mostly being stuck in our house because of the multiple snow storms that hit us. We played with new Christmas toys, relaxed, read, napped, and enjoyed being together. It really was a nice break for several days.

*New Year's Eve we invited some friends over for an early ringing-in of the new year. It was a fun kid-friendly party. The kids played well together, the adults chatted and caught up with each other, and of course there was lots of food that we all enjoyed. Everyone left by about 10:00. I was so tired, but I did manage to stay up to ring in the New Year with Matt & Zachariah. We fortunately got to sleep in the next day.

*On Jan. 2nd I had my 28 week OB appointment. It went fine, but we ended up talking about how I was feeling. I had gotten sick just a little while before I went and still didn't feel good. I had a feeling I caught what some of our friends had around Christmastime. Ugh. Matt was starting to feel bad too. I went home from the appointment, threw up again, crawled into bed and stayed there. Within an hour Matt was home from work sick too. He camped out on the couch. Zachariah was at school and we prayed he didn't have it too. He normally gets off the bus about 4:00, but at 3:30 I got a phone call from the school. He'd gotten sick as they were packing up for the day. I had to pull myself out of bed to go get him. Fortunately I made it to the school & back with him. Then got sick as soon as we got home. We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening trying (but failing) to keep down gatorade and taking turns running to the bathroom. No fun.

I was close to having to go back to the doctor for fluids, because I hadn't kept anything down for quite a while  I decided to wait until morning to see how I felt. We all slept well and no more sickness during the night. Whew! We were all worn out and tired the next day, but we were over the worst of it. Thankfully Matt was able to go back to work and Zachariah back to school that Friday.

*Sunday night I had terrible cramps/aches/pain in up and down my left side. I had a hard time sleeping & woke up feeling that way too. I put a call in to my doctor's office to see what they thought. I was having hemroid problems too & wondered if the two things were related. I wasn't too worried, because I otherwise felt good, was eating & drinking, and the baby was moving like normal. The doctor decided I needed to come in. By the time I was seen that afternoon the pain was mostly gone. After talking to her it wasn't the type of pain or in the right spot to be anything major like kidney problems or anything else. She was reassured after talking to me and checking the baby's heartbeat too.

*I haven't had any problems since then. And I've been feeling great. Other than Zachariah getting sick again early Sunday morning (this week), we have all been good. His was short-lived this time and he was in school yesterday. I hope we've already had our share of illness, because I'm ready to move on.

*Tomorrow I have another OB appointment. I'm in the 3rd trimester now and being seen every two weeks. I'm sure this will make it got quickly. I'm not ready for the baby to come quite yet. We still have a lot to do to be ready for his arrival. Slowly we're getting there.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Glad everyone in your house is back to feeling normal. Will we be seeing a baby boy name discussion on Swistle's Baby Naming Blog some time soon? ;)