Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A new meme

So, Erica over at All Dressed Up started her own meme. I like it, so I will try to keep it going. Here are the questions:

Childhood Meme
1. When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you do now?
2. What was you favorite children’s book/story?
3. What was THE band/singer of your youth? You know, the one who’s posters were in your locker and on your bedroom walls?
4. What’s the most cringe-worthy fashion “don’t” you used to wear regularly?
5. High school - loved it or hated it? Why?

And here are my answers:

1. I always wanted to be a mommy and a teacher or a missionary. I got 2 out of 3 so far. And I'm not ruling out a short-term missions trip at some point in my life.
2. Hmm, I don't remember a particular favorite. I've always loved reading books. I read the Sweet Valley Twins books (and Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University). I loved any Lurlene McDaniel books (I especially loved the One Last Wish books.) in Middle School. I remember reading about 1 a day, which meant that I quickly got through the collection that the library had. And I also liked the biography books at the school library, but that's not something I read now. I wonder when I stopped reading them. We also loved Dr. Seuss books when we were really young (and I still love them).
3. I didn't get into music too much when I was little. But I do remember listening to New Kids on the Block and Paula Abdul at friends houses.
4. Wow, I think there are too many to name. I had a pair of pink "biker" shorts that I would wear under a long t-shirt. Yikes, what was I thinking? I wore them all summer long. I loved them and of course thought I was very cool.
5. I did like high school. I had a great group of friends that I still keep in touch with. And I met and dated my husband in high school, so I can't complain. Would I do it again? Nope! Not even for money.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to read Sweet Valley Twins/High too!

As I walked up to the librarian to check the books out, I always felt so naughty. :-)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Great answers, Daisy. Thanks for playing along : )

mamashine said...

Oh, I was addicted to the Sweet Valley High books. Jessica and Elizabeth! :) I haven't thought about those in forever.