Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sisterly Love

My sister gave me a poem and letter she wrote for my birthday, instead of a card.
A POEM FOR YOU
To a sister who has always been there for me.
To a sister who never judged and always loved.
To a daughter who does her best.
To a daughter who loves and respects.
To a wife who is faithful and true.
To a wife who loves her husband and God and who always endures.
To a mother with so much care.
To a mother that will always be there.

Sister,
You are so amazing in so many ways. I know
I've told you before how much I love and admire you, but with each new phase of
life, I look to your example to lead my life. I am so thankful that I have
not only a great Mom to look up to be a big sister whom I adore and respect and
strive to be like. I thank God each day for you and your beautiful family
and I hope some day I can be as happy and amazing as you are. Thank you
for all that you do, the big things and especially the little ones that mean so
much to me.
I love you sis! Happy Birthday!

Love,

Rachel


And then I realized after reading that: This is what sisters are for. It's great to be reminded that someone notices the things I do. It makes doing the little things and being the best I can be worth it. Thanks, Rachel! I love you too! You're the best sister anyone could ask for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! You're lucky to have such a great sister. Hope you have a great birthday!