Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 16, 2009

Ahh, Comfort Food

Matt mentioned last week that meatloaf sounded really good. It's something I can and do make, but I don't make it very often. It's easy, and I love the recipe I have. (Matt's a little "eh" about it though.)

Since I was already making a trip to the grocery store today, I thought it would be nice to get things to make meatloaf for supper.

And I altered the recipe a bit this time. Matt had seen somewhere online where they made meatloaf using Manwich. The recipe I like uses barbecue sauce, so it was an easy substitute. I like it better with the barbecue sauce, but the Manwich was good and a nice change.

Then I also made green bean casserole (which I love but also rarely make), because Matt thought that sounded good too. So here is our supper. Mmm, comfort food tastes so good.



Meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix (any kind)
1 c. water **just realized I left that out this time, but it stuck together better than usual**
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 c. Kraft BBQ sauce (divided) **or other favorite BBQ sauce**

Mix all ingredients except 1/4 c. of the barbecue sauce. Shape meat mixture into 2 oval loaves, side by side, in deep dish baker. Top with remaining 1/4 c. barbecue sauce. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until center is no longer pink. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

6 comments:

Jana said...

That's the same recipe I use! It's yummy!

Nowheymama said...

Ooh! Dairy free, depending on the kind of Stove Top you use!

Cherish said...

I really like meatloaf but Jason isnt a fan. I've been trying a few different recipes to get him hooked but nothings worked so far. Maybe the manwich will? Even if I just TOLD him there was manwich in it, he might *thin* he likes it! LOL

*Also, I think I have the same stove, or at least the top.

CAQuincy said...

I found a meatloaf recipe a few years ago where you stuff it with parmesan cheese and oregano. After it's baked, you put spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese on top and bake till the cheese melts. The whole family LOVES it.

This sounds good, too!

CAQuincy said...

Now you got me craving meat loaf! OFF to the store, LOL!

d e v a n said...

mmmm!