Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, September 14, 2012

What I Didn't Mention

OK, there are some things that I didn't mention in my last post. I had a few pregnancy related problems that we talked with the doctor about.

Remember that glucose test that they wanted me to take? I went to do it, sat there for an hour with the orange stuff in my belly, then my belly rejected it. I was sent home. After a week they told me to go retest.

Since I haven't been feeling great, still, I have not gone back to be retested. The doctor mentioned at this appointment that my fasting glucose level was "a little high". (I'd like to see the numbers.) Therefore, they are putting me on medication that will help with that. And after a while I will just do the regular 1 hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.

I'm hoping this will help and there is no other reason for concern. But honestly, I'm past being upset about the conclusions everyone jumped to, and just ready to do what I need to do to have a healthy pregnancy.

The other issue was a little infection from my ...uhh... female check. So I have to take antibiotics for a week too.

I'm now on 3 medications plus a prenatal vitamin. I hope this doesn't all last.

At least we have a healthy little baby growing inside just like it should!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Did your doc give you any dietary advice before jumping to the meds? If you're uncomfortable being on so many meds while pregnant, maybe you could look into diets that would do the same thing as the pills.

My midwives recommend the Brewer Pregnancy Diet and have me on it right now. If you're interested, let me know and I can send you some info.