Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, September 15, 2008

DVD Review - Strawberry Shortcake

Strawbbbb-berry, Strawbbbb-berry, Strawberry Shortcake. It's addicting...the new song on the new Strawberry Shortcake movie. I was thinking about this review this morning. Then I had the song in my head. And I came out of the shower singing it. Zachariah ran over to the videos and pulled the DVD out. He wanted to watch it again after hearing the song. Must be stuck in his head too.
I vaguely remember Strawberry Shortcake from when I was a kid. We liked watching her cartoon shows when we were little. And here she is again.

In this new DVD Strawberry Shortcake Rockaberry Roll the Strawberry Shortcake gang is back together. The premise is laid out in several sections but about coming together to make something work. It's a great lesson I think. But I would say for that it is probably better targeted at a bit older child. My son is 2, and while he does enjoy this movie I think the lessons it is teaching are completely lost on him.
These is a lot of music and singing in this particular DVD, which you might figure from the "rock..." and "roll" in the title. I think this is what Zachariah really loves about this one. He enjoys music and likes to dance when there is a good beat.
I can picture little young-elementary or late-preschool age girls singing and dancing along with this. Though, I won't discriminate, because obviously my truck/train/plane/car/crane/construction/tractor-loving boy enjoys this too.
The DVD Strawberry Shortcake Rockaberry Roll is already available at stores. Or you can buy it online here. They are currently selling it there for $10.99, which I think is a pretty good deal. This would also be a great birthday gift for any young child.

No comments: