Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 7, 2008

G is for Glorious

The weather has been so nice here for the last 3 days. It's been glorious. I wish we could have spent more time outside today, but it was still good.

I spent the morning trying to convince Zachariah to go pee-pee in the potty. We've been wanting to just try and potty train him already. I bought him big boy pants/underwear this weekend. But since he went to bed late and then got up early. Ugh. So I thought it might be a rough morning and decided to wait to try the new underwear tomorrow. Well, within an hour of being up, he told me he had to potty. I took him in there and he went poo-poo on the potty. (Well he started to, then I had to convince him to stay there to finish.) But he was so happy to see the results and get a treat for it too. After that I went ahead and put him in the undies. For more than two hours I tried to put him on the potty about every 15 minutes and talked to him about telling me when he needed to go. But it didn't happen. As I originally expected he was weepy and whiny today. He refused to even sit on the potty more than once the whole time. And he didn't manage to pee on it at all. We had 2 outfit changes, and then before lunch and nap time I went ahead and put him back into a diaper. I can see that he's not ready.

I don't get it. He knows when he has to poop and will do that on the potty. But he'll just pee any old time. Sometimes he tells me right after he's gone, but I don't think he knows yet before he goes. We'll keep trying though.

Anyway, that's not really what I wanted to talk about. It was such a nice day. This evening Matt took Zachariah out and they did a little work in the garden. Then after dinner we went out for ice cream. I'm not usually a big ice cream eater, but I always want it when the weather finally turns nice like this. We got home just after Zachariah's bedtime. He gawked at the neighbor kids all out riding their bikes.

I love days like that, and I can't wait for more warm wonderful weather.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Don't worry, he's on his way to being ready! He'll be there before you know it.