Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Toddler humor

I haven't been around much. Well, I am now, but there are things I want to blog about and can't bring myself to right now. So I thought I'd share a few funny things that my son has told me lately.

*****
After eating pizza for lunch with my sister:

MD: So Zachariah, you didn't like the pizza much today? You said it was too spicy, huh?
Zachariah: No Mom, not pizza spicy.
MD: OK
Z: Pizza not spicy. Pepperoni spicy, Mom.

Oh, my mistake. For the record he was totally right! I just didn't expect that from my two-year-old.

*****
Driving in the car he always is on the lookout for tractors, animals, trucks, trains, and other fun things. We usually let him know where to look for things by saying "look at the tractor on Mom's side" or "Look, there's a cow on Dad's side". Today on the way to the store.

Z (with much excitement in his voice): Oh, Mom, tractor right dere. Tractor Zacky's* side.
MD (stifling a laugh): Yes, I see that tractor.

Oh yes, baby, that tractor is on your side. I'm so glad that you pointed it out JUST LIKE WE DO only for you.

*****
In the car on the way home today...again.

MD: Look, Zachariah there's a tractor right in front of us coming this way.
Z: No tractor, Mom.
MD: Yes, it's right there in front of us.
Z: No, COMBINE right dere, Mom.

I swear I could hear him roll his eyes at me. And of course, he was right. It really WAS a combine not just a silly tractor.

*****
Zachariah spent 2 days with my parents last week. They did lots of fun things. When they brought him back he was telling me about some of the things he did.

MD's Dad, aka Papa: Zac, tell Mommy what we saw in the creek at our house.
Z (with his eyes wide and as serious as he gets): Agergator, Mom. (translation: Alligator, Mom)
MD: Oh REALLY?
Z (nods furiously): Uh huh!
MD: OK, if you saw so.
Papa (laughing hysterically): Umm, no, that's NOT what we saw. We really saw a big heron.
MD: That sounds more like it.

You know, this is OHIO, not Florida. Otherwise I may have believed him. He is usually right (see above stories) and he doesn't let much get by him. But he has told every person he's seen lately that he saw alligators at Papa's house. I have no idea why he thinks this. Hilarious!



*Zachariah calls himself Zac-y now. I don't know how to spell that. It looks funny like "Zacy", but we spell Zac like that...just a C. So, Zacky? Zacie? Zachy? Zachie? I don't know.

10 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Sounds as if Zacky (that's how I'd spell it) and Eli would get along really well. "I see backhoe! I see excavator!"

I hope you're Ok. I tagged you for a meme if you feel like it.

Anonymous said...

How funny! Won't be long tiil he's smarter than you! :)

Shannon said...

How fun!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to Darsie's conversations and what she has to tell us. Young kids are so much fun!

Heidi said...

I love the fact that you captured those moments in print. I keep a journal of those "non significant" things like that. Those are the ones I want to remember. He sounds like such a smart & curious boy. I bet he's fun to have around.

Anonymous said...

What a smart little guy you have!! I love the combine remark - very observant.

d e v a n said...

Cute!! What a smartie. I'd say Zacky too. :)
I hope everything's alright.

Pam said...

My vote's on Zacky too. I love how they get so "particular" about things. Little fusspots! It's hilarious. My boy even tells me where to sit.

Sarah said...

Hope you're doing ok! I loved the thing about the combine. Kids are frighteningly observant about things, even when you don't think they're getting it. Which is kind of scary, actually.

Saly said...

I do hope everything is ok with you.

Zacky would get such a kick out of he construction in our neighborhood! I love it when the kids really start talking!

kristi said...

He is so cute!