Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 5, 2010

Dreaming

Do you like to "dream" about the what-if's in life? My husband and I do. I read in a book recently that it's good for married couples to dream together.

Sometimes we dream about our future lives together. Things we'd like to do, places we want to visit, and other fun things. Some of these things are realistic, but some are truly dreams and may (or will) never really happen. And we know that. But it's still fun to dream.

Do you do that?

I hope that you do. I think it's good to have some dreams. Sometimes it gives us something to work towards, and other times it gives us a little stress release just to think about other things.

A few months ago Matt saw a house for sale out in the country not too far from us. He was riding bicycle a lot this summer, and he rode by it often. He started to like the house more and more. And he told me all about it. He did a little research and found it online. It's even listed with a realtor that we know in person.

When he told me he saw a house he liked, I didn't know what I'd think. I knew he was mostly dreaming about it, but that's OK. Like I said we do like to dream together. My hesitation was that we have slightly different tastes in houses. I wasn't sure that I would like it.

Then he drove me by it one time on our way home. I was shocked. I really liked it. It's not what I'd call my dream home, but it was a nice house, practical, a great location, and a beautiful property. That was it, from them on I have been dreaming about this house. I've even pictured how our things would fit in it and what I'd like to do with the extra rooms (it is quite a bit bigger than our current house).

I did all this knowing that we couldn't afford it..even if we were looking for a house right now. But we do like to dream about getting a bigger house. We do hope to be in a position to sell our current home and buy something better in the next 5 years or so...or maybe sooner if we can manage. But there is a lot of work that needs done before we get there.

For now I'm going to forget about the work, and just dream about myself in that little house down the road. And there is nothing wrong with that.

2 comments:

Mommyof_2 said...

I love this post! there is nothing wrong with dreaming...and a lot of dreams actually do come true. My husband and I dream all the time about a lot of things. It's fun the think about and talk about. We don't own a home right now and the 4 of us are in a 2 bedroom town home that we rent. Mike and I always talk about the type of house we would like one day...dream about what we would do with it etc. We pick out houses as we drive. One day our dreams will become a reality. Thanks for sharing this post! ♥

MightyMom said...

if you have no dreams you have nowhere to go.

I have a dream home that I love too....and I know one day I'll build it!

:-)