Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Accomplished

I am feeling pretty accomplished today (and this week really).

I did work on my Spring Cleaning Challenge. I started on the bathroom closet, because that needed done first. It was terrible, because everything in there was covered in drywall dust since the work our friend did weeks ago. I cleaned out the rest of the bathroom stuff, but I never got to the big closet. It was full of extra towels, blankets, and bathroom remodel supplies. In general the closet needed cleaned and reorganized anyway.

Yesterday I worked on washing all the towels and blankets. I think I did 5 loads (maybe more) of laundry yesterday, and I still have 2 more to do. I cleaned out the remodel supplies and got them all dusted off. There are a few extra things that I need to pull out and clean, and I'm hoping to do that this evening. Then all the supplies need to go to the garage. The baby towels (that haven't been used in ages) and baby blankets need to be put in bins (will have to buy some) and stored.

It's been funny washing all these baby things. I can't wait to get them out and use them again. But for now, I won't torture myself, they need to be put away. Then I'll have more room in that closet anyway.

So I've worked on that project off and on for 2 days now. Hopefully I'll have it done by tomorrow. And I'm not sure where I'll start next. We shall see.

*****
I'm feeling accomplished (not that it's under my control) that Zachariah has easily taken good naps for the past 2 days. Finally! He's really been fighting them for a while now. We've discussed whether he's ready to drop naps or not, but ultimately we believe the answer is no. He fights falling asleep. He'll continue to come out of his room with different excuses. But once he actually falls asleep, he'll sleep for at least 2 hours. I think that's a kid who still needs a nap. On days when I have to wake him up so I can go tutor, he is a grump. And he's even more of a grump on days he doesn't get a nap at all. Thank goodness it's been a good week for naps.

*****
And lastly I'm feeling accomplished that I made the leap to get a new blog up and running. I have posted two reviews and giveaways already. If you haven't entered, go do that now.

I know I still have a lot to work on with the blog, but I'm making my way. There are some things that I need to learn about that I haven't had to worry about here. But this blog is different. Hopefully things will continue to go well.

6 comments:

d e v a n said...

Sounds like a great day!

Jana said...

Good for you with all the Spring Cleaning! And hurray for the return of naps! You sound like you're having a great week.

Deleted said...

Wow busy woman, Glad your happy with all you've done. It's such a great feeling to get things done you need to :)

As for the blog I'm sure in good time you will work all things out, but to me it's looking good :)

Cherish said...

Im glad you had a productive couple of days. Im plugging away at it all myself over here and Im making some progress too. Your blog is great, dont feel rushed to make it perfect right away.

Pam said...

Good on you!
I agree about naps. My boy is 3 in July, fignts them but will sleep for 2 hours once he's down. They need sleep.

Shannon said...

WOW!! I need to get on the Spring Cleaning bandwagon.