Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Peace AND Quiet

It is quiet in my house tonight (except for the TV I have blaring). Matt is out on business tonight and Zachariah is staying with my parents for a few days. My mom has been itching to have him stay over again sometime. She had this idea to come get him on a Thursday afternoon (she only works until noon on Thursdays) and keep him until Saturday some weekend when we were planning on coming there on Saturday anyway. Well, it happened to work out this weekend. We've been planning on it for weeks now.

When my mom first brought this up I was tempted, really tempted, to say no. This is the longest that I've ever been away for Zachariah. He's never stayed more than one night away from me. I was really debating how I could keep him here and NOT let me parents keep him for that long. On one hand I knew it would be nice to have some time without him to myself, but I didn't want to leave him. What made me decide to go ahead with it was thinking about our upcoming vacation. This would give me a perfect opportunity to start preparing for our trip.

I am planning, organizing, shopping, and beginning to pack. I have been making a list of things we will need for our travels. I have started buying a few things to take along. I have not sorted through my summer clothes (I'm not really wearing them yet, because it hasn't been consistently warm here). But I am making some progress.

I have time to think about making lists. I have time to shop for some items we'll need. I have time to organize and sort some things. Unfortunately it's only a day that I have alone. And unfortunately I have so many things that I'd like to cram into that little amount of time.

I'd also like to have time to relax and enjoy this time to myself. I have been sitting and reading blogs and watching TV all evening. That's been nice. I think I'd like to soak my feet and have some good munchies that I don't have to make or share for ANYONE else.

3 comments:

Nowheymama said...

It is hard, isn't it? But I'm glad you're enjoying your time alone.

Heidi said...

Sounds wonderful. I am always so much more refreshed after even a little time away from the kids. I bet it is hard to be away that long. I have only done that twice and it wasn't easy, but needed. Enjoy yourself, and getting all that done means you have more time with him when you get to see him & not worry about what you didn't get done.

Alli said...

Good for you!! Those first couple of times away from your kids are hard and you may have to force yourself to enjoy it, but before long, you'll be craving it and calling your mom begging her to take your child for a few days!

Enjoy your time! You'll feel SO GOOD when you pick him up!