Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 1, 2008

Surprising & Cute

Zachariah constantly amazes me. He's at such a fun age where he's soaking up everything like a sponge. He says the cutest things. And he's constantly surprising us with his knowledge of things that we didn't even know he was aware of. It's impressive really.


I wish I could take a little peek into his mind, just to see what is going on in there. And I joke that by the time he's 3, he'll be smarter than me. (Not saying I'm not smart, but he is just so smart.)



A few days ago I was putting my hair into pigtails. He was taking a bath. When he looked up and saw what I was doing, he said "Oh, Mommy a girrrl". Ha. Apparently he thinks pigtails = girl. And now he calls me a girl.


Yesterday I was trying to get him to say part of the alphabet. I got him to say "A B C" before he refused to say more. He doesn't like me singing the alphabet song for some reason either. In the evening, I told him to tell Matt the alphabet. I was expecting him to say "A B C" like he'd done for me earlier. But no, he says "ABC D(a few unrecognizable things here)G HI JK (and a few more unrecognizable things)". Holy cow! I was floored! I had no idea he knew that much. He's never done it before. He honestly said quite a few letters correctly, and they were all in the right order. Who knew? Then Matt helped him say the whole alphabet and he repeated it back to him. Maybe he just doesn't like doing the alphabet with me. Wow! I'm still shocked by this one.



Another thing Zachariah has been doing is playing outside a lot. Our back yard is fairly large and all fenced in. He sees the neighbor kids out a lot. They have a little boy the same age and two other boys just a bit older (plus older girls). Every time the boys see each other they run to the fence. They just do silly things and laugh and throw sticks over/threw the fence to each other. The neighbors are always friendly and nice to Zachariah. And he loves that there is someone else to "play" with. It's really cute to see him run over there when they are outside too.



It's amazing how quickly one little boy can grow up. I treasure each day with him.

7 comments:

d e v a n said...

They do grow so fast! d used the say the same thing anytime I put my hair in a ponytail. "Now you're a girl?"
lol

Nowheymama said...

I wish WE had a fenced-in backyard. Someday....

:)

Alli said...

So cute. It IS a fun age!

Heidi said...

He sounds as adorable as he looks. What a little cutie! I am sorry I haven't visited in a few days, for some reason my computer wouldn't let me get on some sites, it would just shut down when I put in your pg, but it's back, so I'm back.

CP said...

Chiming in to say Z is as adorable as he sounds!

Thanks for your comment on my post. I have a few things I've been holding back for fear of the wrong person reading it but decided to let this one fly. It felt really good to get it all out. Hope you come to resolution on your post or not to post dillema soon!

Anonymous said...

sometimes we didn't realized that our children grow so fast in front of us... .

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Zoe is about the same age and it really is a fun age.... most of the time!

The sponge-like brain thing is crazy isn't it? Every day they get a whole bunch of new words and are learning so fast. If you figure out a way to slow it down a bit, let me know!