Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, August 11, 2008

10 days?

Wow, has it really been 10 days since I've posted? I guess so.


I haven't meant to be gone for so long. I'm still around, and if you follow me on Twitter I've posted a bit there.


I have quite a few post in draft from the past few weeks. I still don't feel like finishing any of those yet. And maybe I never will.


Have you been watching the Olympics? Wasn't the Men's 4x100 swimming race awesome? I'm glad I stayed up late to watch it.


I'm also excited that gymnastics has started. I will keep close tabs on that for the next week.


I forego all other TV shows to watch the Olympics. I've stayed up until at least midnight for the last 3 nights. I think that will be the norm for the next two weeks. Guess my poor husband will be going to bed alone a lot. But these games only come around every so often, so I will enjoy them. (And who are we kidding, I'll be going to bed alone once football season starts...which is very soon.)


Oh look, I just found out that NBC is showing some events live online. Nice! Like right now it Women's Basketball USA vs. China. And there are other smaller events being shown.

So, how was your weekend? Mine was boring. We enjoyed watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics on Friday night. On Saturday Matt left me home alone all day with Zachariah. Matt went to help set up an event for church. Then he went from there to help some of our friends move. That took most of the day. I guess it wasn't very organized, and they didn't have much help. Zachariah and I went to the bread outlet, because that needed done. Then we spent the rest of the day at home playing, watching movies, reading books. Fun. Sunday was no more interesting. Church, a stop at the park, a nap. Please tell me your weekend was more fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back - I missed your posts!

Sadly, my weekend was even less exciting than yours due to a sinus infection that will not go away. Ugh.

But, I did manage to take Syd to see a production of "Cinderella" at the local children's theater. We both had a good time.

I like the Olympics, too, but I'm still too sleep deprived to stay up and watch it. Guess I'll be putting our DVR to good use!

d e v a n said...

I hardly ever watch the Olympics, though I did see some of the swimming the other day and saw Phelps win! That was exciting!

Heidi said...

Go Team USA! My whole family watched it last night & it was hilarious watching our 19 month old boy trying to do what the gymnists were doing.

Pam said...

Same as you - husband gone so i took on the role of entertainer/cook/reader/bather/feeder etc. I didn't even watch the olympics.
I did clear out a ton of old clothes/stuff and drop it at Goodwill - that always makes me feel cleansed!

Jennifer said...

"(And who are we kidding, I'll be going to bed alone once football season starts...which is very soon.)"

Exactly! I always go to bed alone on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday during football season!