Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I guess "complainy" isn't a real word

I composed a blog post yesterday, but I just deleted it. It was whiny and complainy and stressy and all apologetic. Bleck. After looking back at it today, I realized that's just not me. (Well, it is, but usually one for short amounts of time and very rarely.) Anyway, today was a better day, and I just wanted to let you all know I'm good and still around. I am reading and catching up with blogs slowly. I'm also trying to comment on some.

Here is a clip from that bad blog post about Mother's Day:
I had a nice Mother's Day. Matt brought me breakfast in bed. He also got Zachariah up, fed him, and got him ready for church. Then we went to church. Afterwards they took me out for dinner. I took a nap in the afternoon, unfortunately that was cut short because Zachariah woke up. Matt fell asleep too, but he didn't hear Zachariah get up. Matt ended up sleeping for at least 2 more hours before I got him up. He did feel really bad that I didn't get much of a nap on Mother's Day. (I'm still using that, though.) Then we went to small group as always in the evening. My present is to pick out some flowers at a later date. We looked at some on Saturday, but I know I can't plant right away so I will wait a bit longer. And there is a hanging basket stand that I want to get too.

So that's that. Nothing too exciting happened. Really there has been nothing too exciting happening here at all lately. We just have a lot of things coming up. I've been planning for our weekend away for Memorial Day. Then after that we'll be heading out for vacation. So we're slowly getting things planned and ready for that.

I have been working on some more projects in the house too. Progress makes me feel better. I'm at a bit of a stand still for our extra bedroom. I got the new (to us) bed set up and some blankets on it. I still need to get a set of sheets, but I don't have any for that size. I think I'll wait and look for some at the outlet malls in Tennessee. I've rearranged that room a little. I moved a bookshelf out and like where it ended up (in my dining room). There is another bookshelf that I've been sorting through, but we have so many things that I'm not sure what to do with. Throw away? Keep? Store? Is it worth storing? Will we really use it again someday? When was the last time we used it? Those sort of things. Mostly there are lots of books, magazines, college binders full of papers, etc. But anyway, short of that the room is coming along nicely. We plan to down-size the desk in there, since we don't use our desktop computer too often anyway. Matt actually mentioned getting a small desk (at some point-- not soon) to put in a corner in the living room, and just getting the computer completely out of that room. Then it really would just be a bedroom. I never thought that day would come. He has always LOVED that office. In fact he used to say we could never use it for anything but that. I told him when we have more kids we might need it for a bedroom, but I thought we'd have to bunk them before he gave up his office. Now he's excited about making it a spare room. Change of heart. But why? I don't know.

This post has been pretty random already, so can I just say...How can it already be the middle of May? HOW? This does not seem possible. Summer is almost here (with warmer weather than this I hope).

Zachariah has been really cute and funny lately. I have a great story to share about Mr. Smartiepants from last weekend. I'd also like to get some videos of him to post. I'll have to try that soon. I think you'd enjoy it. He's a character. So more to come later.

5 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I love getting flowers to plant for Mother's Day. I hope you can be out in the garden soon!

Saly said...

Glad you had a good Mom's day--hopefully it will warm up soon.

Heidi said...

Hi. Just stumbled on your site, Your "about me" section could just be cut & pasted into mine. My son was born Dec. 06 and I was a teacher before staying home. I would just have to add the other kid, 5 year old.

Pam said...

My husband got to sleep on Mothers day too, for the same reason. dad's seem to be able to sleep through crying and we can't - we're mums and that's what we do I guess.
I'd love to see some video of Zachariah and hear the story too. No pressure though!

2Forgetful said...

Yeah, my mother's day wasn't that great and my post would have been complainy so I just didn't bother. I'm all for using my blog to complain but I just couldn't get motivated to write about it.

Hope you have fun picking our your mother's day flowers and I can't wait to see the videos of Z and hear the Mr. Smartiepants story.